User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Al1264
(member) Thu 07-Apr-16 13:52:39
Print Post

Plusnet switches over to 'shiny new' community / forums

[link to this post]

Plusnet community now has a new look: https://community.plus.net/
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Apr-16 14:09:53
Print Post

Re: Plusnet switches over to 'shiny new' community / forums

[re: Al1264] [link to this post]

Yet another Lithium forum, no doubt along with their annoying "email notification for every new post since your last visit to the thread" instead of the preferable (in my opinion) "email notification for the first new post since your last visit to the thread".

Oliver.
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Apr-16 15:17:18
Print Post

Not quite there yet though. I tried to reset my password and didn't get an email. I created a new user and sent my old user
a message. That did trigger the email notification so the old account is there. Unfortunately I gave the new account the same user name without thinking so that might cause some confusion smile

Edit: Ah ha. Forgot I'd used googlemail.com instead of gmail.com :-/

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Thu 07-Apr-16 15:21:26)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Apr-16 16:09:51
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

I had a similar problem although in my case I was playing silly beggars and tried to break the system by creating a new account with the same username which shouldn't have been possible
The way out of it is to go into your new account and change the username (you can do this for 30 days) then log out and try to login to the original account and it won't accept the password. Clicking on the "I have problems with the password" or similar as I can't remember the exact wording will generate an email to the email address registered for that account from which you can reset the password and you are good to go
Standard User ChrisAO
(regular) Thu 07-Apr-16 17:19:33
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

You can turn off subscriptions to all threads and only subscribe to threads and posts that you want and you can turn off emails but the email notification for the "first" unread post is something that will hopefully be implemented soon. See https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/New-c...

ChrisAO
Plusnet customer since June 2003.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Apr-16 17:55:43
Print Post

[re: ChrisAO] [link to this post]

I made a feature request directly to Lithium five years ago. They seemed to like my idea (which of course phpBB had come up with many years ago) but unfortunately it was never implemented, so maybe internally the feature was rejected at some point.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Thu 07-Apr-16 18:10:22)

Standard User 69bertie
(regular) Thu 07-Apr-16 19:01:36
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Not certain where I've gone wrong but I did get an email to reset the password. Did that and ....it won't let me log on using it. Why do people have to go break things .............

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-Apr-16 19:56:13
Print Post

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

I supplied the email address that was used to send a notification a bit ago that there was going to be a new system, and twice so far I have requested a password reset to that address but got no email frown.

Looks like I shall have to use the "set up new" with a new name and send a message to the existing name to cause a message so I can make sure of the email address to use. As a couple of people above have done.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Apr-16 20:12:07
Print Post

I had a email to say they was changing the forum, I doubt it will make any difference to the service, but then it seems about normal for the UK. spend money on thing that are not needed, but not at what is needed.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Apr-16 21:05:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I've also supplied the correct email address and so far got no email to reset my password - having said that I had to do that for another site this morning and the email took three hours to arrive, so I'm not holding my breath.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 64500/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to