User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User philippercival
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Apr-16 12:52:24
Print Post

New Forums problem

[link to this post]

I have read the other thread and the problem I have is mentioned, however no solution was proposed and the thread was largely about other things.

I can not log in to the forums, probably barbecue because I have forgotten my password. I clicked the link for a password reset, and received an email with a link to follow immediately.

When I try to enter a new password I get a message telling me
"Correct the highlighted errors and try again.
Sorry, we are unable to reset your password."

There are no highlighted errors just the blank boxes.

Any clues on how to resolve this.

edit: Thank you kind sir for pointing out the mistake. Waterfox told me there was something wrong with the spelling and I must have selected the wrong option in my haste.

Edited by philippercival (Wed 20-Apr-16 23:40:07)

Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Apr-16 17:24:23
Print Post

Re: New Forums problem

[re: philippercival] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by philippercival:
I have read the other thread and the problem I have is mentioned, however no solution was proposed and the thread was largely about other things.

I can not log in to the forums, probably barbecue I have forgotten my password. I clicked the link for a password reset, and received an email with a link to follow immediately.

When I try to enter a new password I get a message telling me
"Correct the highlighted errors and try again.
Sorry, we are unable to reset your password."

There are no highlighted errors just the blank boxes.

Any clues on how to resolve this.

I can't help as such, but if you've barbequed your login, it won't work.

An excellent bit of auto-correct sir.
Standard User 69bertie
(regular) Wed 20-Apr-16 20:01:46
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

I had exactly the same problem and it said that I'd run out of trys. I did re-register under another username to get a voice on the forum. However before anything else happened I decided (the next day) to give something else a try to get my original username back. I got the system to send me another password reset. I had been using Firefox first time around, this time I tried Opera browser. The password reset worked first time. Np problem.

Edited by 69bertie (Wed 20-Apr-16 20:03:39)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User philippercival
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Apr-16 23:57:55
Print Post

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

Thanks for that.

Another password reset request;
Opera failed with the same error.
Chrome succeeded.

I can not try it again, but something struck me before trying Chrome. I use a very old email client Pegasus (don't laugh but it does what I want and contains my mail base which goes back a very long time). One of the problems with Pegasus is that it is really a plain text client with a built in HTML renderer. I had copied the link text I thought, however when I changed the view to HTML and clicked on "Reset password" the address was different. I expect therefor it was nothing to do with Waterfox, but my bad.

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-May-16 17:58:23
Print Post

[re: philippercival] [link to this post]

Just spent a while trying to log into the new forum with my old username. Thought I'd forgotten my password, but saw somewhere that you have to reset your password to log into the forum??

Tried that and just got the same error as you got. frown

Why can't these companies leave things be? If it aint broke don't fix it!

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Plusnet via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
  Print Thread

Jump to