User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RoosterUK
(experienced) Mon 25-Apr-16 19:02:55
Print Post

Plusnet Online payment system down

[link to this post]

Plusnets online payments system is down and seem to have been for some days.

plus.net/pay gives an error page instead of the ability to pay!

Worringly when phoning, endless wait as usual, there is recorded message stating they no longer take payments over the phone, so goodness knows how one is supposed to pay now.

Due to a bank error my DD failed, bank system had wrongly tried to take a different payment twice which had reserved the funds that should have been available for this payment, and the procedure plusnet expect now is to pay the bill manually online as they don't try a failed DD again.

Tried chat but they just gave me a link to pay online, which gives a 404 errror.

Not sure how this going to get resolved unless the payment service springs to life very soon.
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Apr-16 19:38:45
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Online payment system down

[re: RoosterUK] [link to this post]

Same for me, but they do say:
If you'd like to pay an outstanding balance, go to www.plus.net/pay (you'll only be able to access this page if you have an outstanding balance).

Are you sure Plusnet actually thinks you have an outstanding balance?

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync 66999/19999 at approx 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User RoosterUK
(experienced) Tue 26-Apr-16 09:38:07
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Thankfully the link from their failed payment email worked this morning so I was able to get it paid.

A member of staff told me yesterday there had been problems with the online payments system for about a week and they were working on it so not sure if the problem was with the payment system or with the accounts/billing system not recognising I had a failed payment.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TLM
(legend) Fri 29-Apr-16 00:09:53
Print Post

Wonder if it's pure coincidence, or if there was some connection with the failed payment I had, which was more than a week ago - about mid-month.

For some reason, PN claimed to have been unable to take payment from the card I always use, but the card issuer denied knowing anything about it, and PN themselves couldn't shed any light on what the problem had been.

It subsequently did accept a manual payment (on the same card), but I'm wondering if that was an early sign they were having problems with payment processing.

I'm waiting to see if it will go through as usual next month, or if it happens again.
Standard User ChrisAO
(regular) Mon 02-May-16 18:32:31
Print Post

This is not the first post round here about card payment problems.
There was one a few weeks ago where there was some sort of pre-authorisation but no money taken, and some posters round here got a bit offish with the OP with the problem IMHO. Again the card issuer did not have a clue, so it looks like glitches in Plusnet's billing system to me.

ChrisAO
Plusnet customer since June 2003.
Standard User nadger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-May-16 09:10:13
Print Post

[re: ChrisAO] [link to this post]

If I remember correctly the person started the sign-up process with PlusNet but never completed.

A sum was reserved but never taken. It did affect his credit allowance for a few days which isn't a problem for most people unless they are on their card limits.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 03-May-16 13:53:23
Print Post

[re: nadger] [link to this post]

+1

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-May-16 14:08:28
Print Post

[re: ChrisAO] [link to this post]

It was a waste of time for the OP and all involved.

Try calling both parties then wait a few days before jumping in feet first to complain.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User longedge
(committed) Tue 03-May-16 22:21:23
Print Post

[re: nadger] [link to this post]

I agree - a kinder interpretation than mine.
Standard User ChrisAO
(member) Wed 04-May-16 22:15:24
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

I still say Plusnet's billing system has glitches. How long is it now that there was going to be a super dooper improved one crazy

ChrisAO
Plusnet customer since June 2003.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to