User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nemeth782
(member) Thu 12-May-16 23:00:17
Print Post

Line rental saver renewal - Cancel?

[link to this post]

I currently have 2 FTTC lines, one PN one TT, I'm about to move and will have VM at the new house so would like to dump one of them. I'm in contract on both, moving will involve recontracting both for 18 months or paying them off.

If I have to, I will take them both with me then wait for a price rise and cancel.

However, my PN Line Rental Saver expires shortly. It's gone up from £155.88 last year to £185.88 this year, which is quite a jump. While this happened in September last year, it's only just affecting me now, so can I reject the increase and cancel, or do I need to wait for this years price rise?

Thanks!
Standard User nadger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-May-16 08:57:55
Print Post

Re: Line rental saver renewal - Cancel?

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

As you are moving revert to paying monthly when LRS expires - their terms state it's non refundable.

Quite agree about price hike. I used to have a few days margin that allowed me to apply 3 month rule but they moved date of price increases.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 13-May-16 09:25:41
Print Post

As the increase notifications were in September 2015 far too late to do much about it now

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nemeth782
(member) Fri 13-May-16 09:44:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
As the increase notifications were in September 2015 far too late to do much about it now

Fair enough smile

I wasn't sure if it would run to the date the price rise actually impacted me.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-May-16 10:19:05
Print Post

Unfortunately not which is why I didn't renew my LRS so that when the next price rise comes through I will have more flexibility
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 13-May-16 11:03:59
Print Post

The LRS discount used to be considerable. It is now relatively small and the value of the saving compared to the loss of migratability once you are out of broadband minimum term highly questionable.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User nemeth782
(member) Fri 13-May-16 16:17:41
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The LRS discount used to be considerable. It is now relatively small and the value of the saving compared to the loss of migratability once you are out of broadband minimum term highly questionable.

Yeah, 18m contract, 12m LRS, so if you renew in the 2nd year, you probably lose more than you gain as you can't negotiate a discount.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-May-16 16:38:13
Print Post

You could - and I did
However whether that still applies and whether you get the best deal I don't know
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-May-16 17:07:11
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

At one time you could get a good BB renewal deal through the COT providing you didn't accept the first offer they gave you, I never tried asking for a discount on line rental but the last year I paid LRS within the 180 days to avoid the increase and got a very very good deal for ADSL from a 20CN exchange.

Don't expect LRS will be good value anymore unless they realy hike up the line rental later on this year and there could be cheaper line rental deals elsewhere even after the extra £2.50 a month added to BB is taken into consideration.

plusnet user
  Print Thread

Jump to