User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MattJessop
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-May-16 11:26:52
Print Post

ADSL2 link "disabled" on router

[link to this post]

All, looking for advice, i do have a ticket open with PlusNet but this is a bit weird.

I have a PN business line which is used only for broadband, no phones plugged in and the router is cabled direct to master socket. There is a clear dial tone and a 17070 quiet test is fine.

However on Saturday the ADSL died. No messages in router log, nothing. It just shows the WAN connection as "disabled". I have tried swapping the router, the microfilter and the cable between the two (in all possible combinations) but still the same issue. Also tried the test socket with the tests above.

PN are sending an engineer but it seems to me that the ADSL has been "disconnected" at the exchange end rather than it being an issue at the premises.

Anyone has something similar or have any ideas what the issue is ?

BT are working in the area (and were on Saturday when the line went down) but they are installing Fibre so I dont think its related.

TIA

Matt
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-May-16 09:12:30
Print Post

Re: ADSL2 link "disabled" on router

[re: MattJessop] [link to this post]

You mention 17070, it does return the correct number for the line doesn't it ?

PN are sending an engineer but it seems to me that the ADSL has been "disconnected" at the exchange end rather than it being an issue at the premises.

PN are most likely to have raised an SFI (special fault investigation) visit with Openreach. They will request that various 'modules' may be completed by the engineer, base, network, frames, customers equipment. Then engineer will then come to site, start with a Q&A with you about whats wrong (they get [censored] all information) and take it from there. The guidelines set insist on the engineer coming to site to test for sync and make a PQ test. So hopefully the line will be testing good (PN couldn't have raised an SFI if it didn't) the engineer will get no sync with their kit, and if it's not even trying to sync, the first place I'd go would be the exchange ..........

Good luck.

Print Thread

Jump to