User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User napolibill
(regular) Fri 20-May-16 14:35:50
Print Post

I'm fading into Plusnet's sunset!

[link to this post]

I have decided to move from Plusnet to Uno on a FFTC and phone package basis. I started the migration by contacting Uno on 30 April and hope to get everything transferred on 13 June. I canít get over the fact that Plusnet havenít contacted me to try to get me to stay, or is that too far away yet? When I rang them this week to check that they had got the migration request they said that they had and didnít take it any further. They just seemed to have rolled over and let me go. Not that I am complaining, just a little bit surprised that they donít try to retain their customer base.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 20-May-16 15:35:22
Print Post

Re: I'm fading into Plusnet's sunset!

[re: napolibill] [link to this post]

They aren't allowed to under the new (no MAC) system.

They should have notified you that they are aware you are leaving, and told you of any liabilities to them you might incur such as cancellation charges or minimum term in force that would need paying off. Is there an email lying around anywhere, perhaps in a Plusnet mailbox you ignore?

You can however get in touch with the Customer Options Team (normally called Retentions) and ask if they can do a deal to keep you. Because you instigate the conversation they are allowed to make an offer or offers. It just must not start from their end. You just asking normal CS if they know you are going doesn't start such a discussion.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59240/14753kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User napolibill
(regular) Fri 20-May-16 20:09:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Many thanks Roberto, that clears things up. I'm quite happy moving so won't be initiating a retention war!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-May-16 10:08:32
Print Post

A retention deal might tempted you to staying with PN if you could try ask them to match SSE up to 76Mbps for £0 for 18 months just pay for line rental only at £16.99. Worth it to try.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-May-16 11:47:34
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
A retention deal might tempted you to staying with PN if you could try ask them to match SSE up to 76Mbps for £0 for 18 months just pay for line rental only at £16.99. Worth it to try.

I had a look to see what SSE offered for bundled ADSL,you can get free weekend calls, no free BB it's £8.00 a month and line rental at £13.49 a month so a total of £21.49, the contract term is 18 months.

With a phone only package they quote their line rental (for me) as £16.00 a month.

Strange they bother to give their line rental different values, could be a marketing bod's idea I suppose.

plusnet user
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-May-16 12:00:23
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

You're looking at ADSL, OP is talking about FTTC, which is this one and is a much better deal.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 64000/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Edited by kasg (Sat 21-May-16 12:02:22)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 21-May-16 12:40:27
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Pulse8 do similar. Line only is £13pm. Line bundled with their broadband £6pm.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59240/14753kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-May-16 14:03:57
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Yes indeed, just remarking to adslmax about the differing cost of line rental for the various packages SSE offer smile

plusnet user
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-May-16 14:14:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by napolibill:
I have decided to move from Plusnet to Uno on a FFTC and phone package basis. I started the migration by contacting Uno on 30 April and hope to get everything transferred on 13 June. I canít get over the fact that Plusnet havenít contacted me to try to get me to stay, or is that too far away yet? When I rang them this week to check that they had got the migration request they said that they had and didnít take it any further. They just seemed to have rolled over and let me go. Not that I am complaining, just a little bit surprised that they donít try to retain their customer base.

I'd say that not being "offered" to stay with this shower is preferable smile
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-May-16 16:51:46
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by therioman:
I'd say that not being "offered" to stay with this shower is preferable smile

Shower to you, perfectly good, stable, reliable and cheap ISP to me.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 64000/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to