User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User The_Voyager
(committed) Thu 02-Jun-16 16:18:14
Print Post

Loss of Download Speed

[link to this post]

For the second time in as many months a BTOR engineer cut me off at the end of April, it took 8 days to get the telephone service back up, but the FTTC speed has been less than it was originally, and although the Upstream has normalised the downstream still hasn't it used to be 71624 before the cut off, here is the output from my Fritz box:

Receive direction Send direction
Max. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 67000 19000
Min. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 128 128
Attainable throughput kbit/s 52440 20129
Current throughput kbit/s 51952 19104
Seamless rate adaptation off off

Latency 8 ms 8 ms
Impulse noise protection 5 2.8
G.INP off off

Signal-to-noise ratio dB 6 6
Bitswap on off
Line attenuation dB 13 7

Profile 17a
G.Vector off off

Carrier record A43 A43

I notice that bitswap is "on" for the downstream, also attentuation used to be the same for both "down" and up" - does any of this make a difference, PLusnet are saying it should be okay now as VLAN was showing as Amber, but now Blue, the above was taken after a 30 sec disconnection/reconnection of the cable to the faceplate

Bob WRBRIX
PN Unl.Fibre - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 78.2/20 Mb/s SamKnows Avg 65.69/19.14 Mb/s @ 320m
DialUp to CIX, BT Home Highway to CIX, ADSL to Nildram, SKY & Be*Unlimited, Fibre to BT http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/049baa48c1f...
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 02-Jun-16 17:16:33
Print Post

Re: Loss of Download Speed

[re: The_Voyager] [link to this post]

Are you on a Huawei cab or an ECI cab? Oh, looks like it may be ECI frown

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)

Edited by BatBoy (Thu 02-Jun-16 17:18:42)

(committed) Thu 02-Jun-16 17:45:02
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Infineon so yes, ECI using a Fritz! 7390 rather than the Huawei modem & PlusNet router

Bob WRBRIX
PN Unl.Fibre - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 78.2/20 Mb/s SamKnows Avg 65.69/19.14 Mb/s @ 320m
DialUp to CIX, BT Home Highway to CIX, ADSL to Nildram, SKY & Be*Unlimited, Fibre to BT http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/049baa48c1f...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 02-Jun-16 18:39:29
Print Post

Unfortunately, you won't get G.INP coming to your rescue at the moment but you may resync to Fastpath soon, which should return your speed. The sync looks banded by DLM right now though.

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)
(committed) Thu 02-Jun-16 18:44:25
Print Post

So will that clear itself, or is there something that PN needs to do, I have noticed on the GEA report that upstream Interleaving is Normal, but Downstream is High

Bob WRBRIX
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 02-Jun-16 18:51:43
Print Post

That depends on why it's there. If there are no errors and disconnections occurring, then DLM should uncap the line in a few days, but if it's there for some other reason you may needs a DLM reset which means an engineer visit.

(committed) Thu 02-Jun-16 18:57:10
Print Post

Okay, thanks for the input, I have at least 14 more days to add more info to the ticket, so if I don't see any increase, will ask about the DLM reset. I had to disconnect it today in order to run a fresh BT speed test for PN

Bob WRBRIX
  Print Thread

Jump to