User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Conrad3000
(member) Sun 05-Jun-16 15:08:42
Print Post

Plusnet Retention offer

[link to this post]

Hi all

Contract runs out next month and they offered me (or rather I asked) if I could keep on paying the same I'm doing now; £2.50 a month for BB with line rental saver (about £185). They said yes but the new contract would be for 18 months.

I added that TalkTalk offer BB for free and theirs is on a 12-month contract.

PN said they couldn't go any lower.

Do you think they possibly can?

Thanks in advance.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Jun-16 18:06:15
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Retention offer

[re: Conrad3000] [link to this post]

If Talk Talk offers you a deal you want then go with Talk Talk, simple as that really. It is like people who try to get cheaper deals from Sky by saying they will leave, Sky is calling their bluff these days.

Don't like the price, don't use the service, do you ask your utility company if you can get a discount on you r electric because another company does it cheaper?

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Conrad3000
(member) Sun 05-Jun-16 18:09:37
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Thing is, I've been quite happy with PN ever since I joined back in 2013. I don't really want to leave them to be honest. Any problems I've had, they've sorted them out more or less immediately.

I might give them a call again tomorrow and see if they'll budge.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bsanotrun
(regular) Sun 05-Jun-16 23:38:01
Print Post

well if you are happy and donít want to leave then take the 18 month contract, prices will only ever go up from the £2.50 offered and you will not have to haggle the price in 12 months time.
and it will not make any difference if within that time you want to upgrade to FTTC.
Standard User pedum
(newbie) Sun 05-Jun-16 23:56:17
Print Post

In 18 months they will more than likely increase the price of something such as line rental so you can renegotiate (as I did once), stay or leave before your contract has run its full term.
Usually I have to ring twice at least to get a reasonable deal. A lot depends on who you speak to and how much they have left in their discount pot.
Standard User Conrad3000
(member) Mon 06-Jun-16 21:19:42
Print Post

[re: bsanotrun] [link to this post]

I rang them again and first the guy said he'd give me BB for £6.50 for 24 months (!!) and then after a while haggling, he said he'll reduce it to £3.33 (or something like that). Finally I said if it's possible to pay what I'm currently paying and he went away for about 30 seconds, came back and said yes, that'll be fine.

I mentioned I'll call back later if I wanted to query this further.

Mental.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Jun-16 11:50:21
Print Post

The COT used to match prices from other ISPs e.g. Sky and TalkTalk providing the opposition had an LLU presence in your exchange they used to match Origin's product pricing for ADSL BB as long as you payed PN's line rental pricing.

plusnet user

Edited by Apprentice (Tue 07-Jun-16 11:51:33)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-Jun-16 17:58:27
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

PN can match SSE FREE unlimited fibre broadband (up to 76Mbps) for 18 months contract with PN Anytime calls with phone line for £22.99
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-Jun-16 20:37:26
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
PN can match SSE FREE unlimited fibre broadband (up to 76Mbps) for 18 months contract with PN Anytime calls with phone line for £22.99

You've said that before but others here have tried that and failed. Just because they do it for one person doesn't mean they'll do it for another.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 64000/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-Jun-16 20:39:13
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

True but it depend who u speaking to and the pot luck of the draw!

Edited by adslmax (Wed 08-Jun-16 20:40:36)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to