User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Jun-16 08:04:37
Print Post

Re: Plusnet confirm Price changes for 1st September 2016

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

TBH, the price is disgusting, but since it is BT that puts the base price of line rental up the rest have to follow, this is the problem with having a private company running the phone network.
We need naked DSL, but I expect they will put the price up of broadband to cover it.

I really am looking now at if paying for fibre is worth it, if I had a good 10Mb/s on ADSL, I may have stayed with ADSL anyway. The last time I was on ADSL I could get 3.5Mbn/s if I was lucky, but to be honest, Netflix worked with that ok as long as I did not do anything else. Not sure how well Now Tv would work with 3.5Mb/s

My brother is getting his home phone disconnected and getting a mobile broadband dongle, but then he do not use the net that much, so may work out cheaper for him. He is only on ADSL at the moment as well.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Jun-16 08:08:42
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by georgelnx:
And you cannot even say that Plusnet gives you a decent billing system for phones either. My biggest complaint when I used their landline was that the call details is sent across at least 24 hours afterwards and Plusnet remove any details of calls to 0800 numbers so hard to get records for when you called someone after the event.

I have never used the home phone since I had plusnet, i still have my SIP phone that I had when I was on wireless broadband, so I still use that, not that I use it that often, but people know the number.

I did get a couple of calls on the plusnet number when I first had it, told them to go away as this was a new number and not in the phone directory, heard nothing since. Oh yeah, Plusnet phoned me twice on it when I first started trying to get me to take out their Plusnet TV service.

Billing have been fine for me because it is a fixed price since I do not use the phone.
As been said above, 0800 numbers are not on bills, well not home phones anyway.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Jun-16 08:09:26
Print Post

[re: iannewson] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iannewson:
Currnetly paying £9.99 a month for just ADSL (no line rental) but cant see a reference for any price increase for that? am I reading it wrong?

Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted) - Market 2/3

Are you paying line rental with a different provider?

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nemeth782
(committed) Tue 28-Jun-16 08:51:41
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
TBH, the price is disgusting, but since it is BT that puts the base price of line rental up the rest have to follow, this is the problem with having a private company running the phone network.

No, BT Wholesale line rental price (that plusnet pay) has fallen, not risen. Plusnet just increase prices because they can.
Standard User Fairoaks
(newbie) Tue 28-Jun-16 09:56:24
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

If I accept the new "speed" changes does, that start a new contract?

My existing contract expires January 2017 and I am wondering if it is better hanging-on until then and see if "retentions" will offer a deal to stay.

Looks like we all could be in for torrid times with price increases across the board over the next few years from many service companies.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Jun-16 09:58:55
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oldjim:
I am waiting to see if I can downgrade from 80/20 to 55/10 as that will make a big change to the retention argument

It will be interesting to see if PN still offer retention deals worth considering after September's price increases.

plusnet user
Standard User stickywicket
(newbie) Tue 28-Jun-16 11:44:55
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I recently renewed from 20/40 to 1.9/40. This is purely billing and, for existing customers, there is no change to either sync rate (20/80 in my case) nor rate caps. Talk to tech to confirm.

I suspect it might be actually applied for new circuits however.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 28-Jun-16 12:21:03
Print Post

[re: stickywicket] [link to this post]

There is no way that is correct. It could be that your service is simply a reverse cockup. What does a BT Wholesale Performance Test Further Diagnostics show as both your down and up IP Profiles? (Ignore the red instructions). What does your Plusnet Current line speed say?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User stickywicket
(newbie) Tue 28-Jun-16 13:05:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I host at home so it was a point I pursued in detail. From a billing persepctive, Ts&Cs etc, yes 1.9Mbps upload only. However since the product was a direct replacement, there was no IP profile regrade as part of he switch, 100% billing only. Confirmed with tech too that the change would not trigger and profile re-grade. The circuit continued to provide about 17Mbps true upload performance after the change.
Standard User georgelnx
(learned) Tue 28-Jun-16 13:12:13
Print Post

[re: Kenneth] [link to this post]

Oh I wondered why the 0800 number weren't there.

BTW I don't use Plusnet for phone line services now so that's not an issue anymore. My VOIP system does record all the data for me now though. And in real time. smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to