User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Jun-16 16:38:14
Print Post

Re: Plusnet confirm Price changes for 1st September 2016

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nemeth782:
No, BT Wholesale line rental price (that plusnet pay) has fallen, not risen. Plusnet just increase prices because they can.

Sounds about right. the problem is we have little choice in this country unless we live in a cable area. The company I used before I came onto Fibre have now decided to give up broadband, no doubt due to the fact that BT have expanded FTTC top places where they would never have done if public money was not put into it.

Typical country, put money into a large company like BT, but not into a smaller company.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Jun-16 16:43:13
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:
The good thing about it though is that it's cheap, reliable and you have a wide choice of equipment from a variety of manufacturers that you can attach to it.

Cheap, really? £18 a month just for some cable and a bit of Equipment going and £15 a month for acess to broadband, that is not cheap. Reliable it is not, those so called cables are years old, the one that is hanging from my house to the pole should have been replaced years ago, but BT will not do it, maybe we do not pay them enough.

Time for BT to be split up, but our government do not have the guts,. I wonder how many ion government have got shares in BT.

Hate BT, too big and should have been split up years ago and stop putting public money in it to make more people directors, CEO and shareholders rich.,
Someone called it bloated toad, they are right

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User iannewson
(newbie) Tue 28-Jun-16 18:56:06
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
In reply to a post by iannewson:
Currnetly paying £9.99 a month for just ADSL (no line rental) but cant see a reference for any price increase for that? am I reading it wrong?

Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted) - Market 2/3

Are you paying line rental with a different provider?

Yes I am

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Jun-16 21:00:46
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

The 'base price' as you call it, is around £7, not near £20 - Nothing but highway robbery, proven by suppliers that charge as low as £6 for line rental!
Standard User Fairoaks
(newbie) Wed 29-Jun-16 12:10:07
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

I got the email today and can leave if I let them know within 30 days as of today.

I looked briefly around to see what was on offer and BT have an offer for 12 months - with free sport; SSE are offering a cheap 76mb deal for 18 months.

I have no gripe with Plusnet so I think I will wait until January 2017 and see what they can offer me to renew. If they put the price up a great deal then, I will seriously consider going elsewhere.
Standard User hxbro
(regular) Wed 29-Jun-16 12:57:03
Print Post

[re: Fairoaks] [link to this post]

I was due to move shortly, was hoping to keep 40/20 but it's not going to happen.

Anyone know of any other 40/20 ISPs ?
Standard User hxbro
(regular) Wed 29-Jun-16 13:27:40
Print Post

[re: hxbro] [link to this post]

Well, a quick phone call and that's dealt with now on 80/20 for same price, but had to agree on new contract, but they've waived new router, connection fees etc for the house move
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Jun-16 13:27:40
Print Post

[re: Fairoaks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fairoaks:
I got the email today and can leave if I let them know within 30 days as of today.

What day is your normal billing date?
Standard User Fairoaks
(newbie) Wed 29-Jun-16 13:31:40
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
In reply to a post by Fairoaks:

What day is your normal billing date?

21st of the month.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Jun-16 13:57:56
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
The 'base price' as you call it, is around £7, not near £20 - Nothing but highway robbery, proven by suppliers that charge as low as £6 for line rental!

Yep, a total rip off.

I have had an email from Plusnet, they are not going to put the price up of my broadband, they are rising the price of line rental, I can still keep my free evening and weekend calls, that I never use, they are reducing the upload speed I never got what I should be getting anyway and giving me a higher download speed, which I also can not get.
So I will be paying £1 a month more. Still not happy with it to be honest as I feel we pay more than enough for line rental.

They also said I could leave with no exit charge, but since I only have just over a month to go anyway and have to give them 30 days notice i will stick it out until then and have a look around to see what is available.

They also advertised their You view service on the email that they sent me to say their service is decreasing and they are putting the price up. What ever happens i am not going to enter into another contract with Plusnet. It was against my better judgement to go with them in the first place, I only went as they was the cheapest and the quickest way to get onto FTTC apart from Talk Talk and no way would I ever go with Talk Talk.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to