User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 01-Jul-16 21:35:54
Print Post

Re: Plusnet confirm Price changes for 1st September 2016

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brandscill:
They offered me nothing as well, they really couldn't seem less bothered that I called to talk about leaving.
As I remember it, the retentions people (Customer Options team) each have a monthly allocation of give-aways to help them reach their target.

Depending on who you speak to you may find a better offering on a subsequent call. Calling at the end of the month they had probably all run out.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 01-Jul-16 21:37:02)

Standard User TLM
(legend) Fri 01-Jul-16 23:00:02
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

I got there eventually - just a roundabout way, I think. It must be what you say about the link behaving differently, depending whether you're already on their site or not.

I'm ashamed to admit, I didn't for the life of me know what I'm already paying - although I knew it's "not much". Checking my product details, I see I have a legacy product with free evenings and weekends already included, so I don't know how, if at all, the price hike on that will affect me - unless or until I want to change products.
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Fri 01-Jul-16 23:50:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Called this evening and had little joy. One women I spoke to said I've just got back from holiday and it was in fact a previous customer who told her about the change! She also said the 80mb product was having it's upload changed to 10mbps, it was then I realised she truly had no idea.

Plus Net - 40/20

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 01-Jul-16 23:58:11
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Incredible.

Fear of this sort of thing after they dismantled the CS system a year or so ago is what made me leave. Then earlier this year things seemed to calm down. Now they seem to be falling apart again, with no-one on front line having a clue.

I was wondering round about March/April of coming back, but that is way out of the window now.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sat 02-Jul-16 08:30:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yeah I was pretty shocked. I asked to speak to a manager or just someone who was informed which she took great offence from. She said she'd chat with a colleague to catch up and then relay that info to me.

Plus Net - 40/20
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 02-Jul-16 08:48:35
Print Post

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TLM:
I got there eventually - just a roundabout way, I think. It must be what you say about the link behaving differently, depending whether you're already on their site or not.

I'm ashamed to admit, I didn't for the life of me know what I'm already paying - although I knew it's "not much". Checking my product details, I see I have a legacy product with free evenings and weekends already included, so I don't know how, if at all, the price hike on that will affect me - unless or until I want to change products.

You may on what I am on, if you are on Fibre, I am on the lower package, at the time which was unlimited broadband, free evening and weekend calls, 38Mb/s up and 20 down or something like that. Pay about £31 a month at the moment. If so then they will just put line rental up by a squid, and stick stick you onto a 52Mb/s down and 9Mb/s up.

Not going to make much difference to me apart from the £1 a month extra as I can not get to 38, never mind 52 and yet I used to, and I never got to 20 Mb/s. Never use the free calls anyway, I have not even used the phone since I been with plusnet.

But I have been thinking about going else where anyway.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User TLM
(legend) Sat 02-Jul-16 13:35:21
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I'm not on fibre - I'm still on ADSL. It's OK for my needs, as I'm not a big gamer or downloader, and don't watch many movies. It seems OK for iPlayer, although I did have problems with it last night, saying: "insufficient bandwidth", but that's just a coincidence, and not a regular occurrence. Usually, things play OK.

I've got the old product, Broadband Unlimited, at £9.99 p.m. plus an extra £1 for 1471 (at least I think that's what it was for - that or caller display). Evenings & Weekends is shown as a selected add-on, but at a net cost of £0.00.

Of course, all that's exclusive of line rental (prepaid up until December with LRS), and actual call charges outside evenings and weekends - which are typically minimal.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Jul-16 13:55:15
Print Post

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

My parents got email from PN about price rise but I still not getting any email yet from PN, I have phoned them up and they say the email been sent to me, but still no email inbox or spam folder. They cannot discuss with me unless I have a genuine email from PN with service ID number on the email before do anything about it. I asked them to resent email to me but they say NO, once it sent they will not sent it again!

Fuming and angry!

Has anyone else got email from PN yet about price rise. My parents got email on 20th July. Mine is nothing yet. I been checked plusnet webmail, nothing there yet. frown

Edited by adslmax (Sun 24-Jul-16 13:58:07)

Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 24-Jul-16 15:06:33
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Mine came on July 15th.

Only been with them 7 weeks, very disappointed with a fault ticket being ignored until I put it on the Community Forum.

Steve
Standard User IanBB
(committed) Sun 24-Jul-16 15:12:42
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Yep. 13th July mine arrived.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to