User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikej
(experienced) Thu 14-Jul-16 10:18:45
Print Post

Q re: 'free BB for 12 months' offer if I switch phone to PN

[link to this post]

Hi - I'm currently on the 'Unlimited Broadband' package (broadband only, not phone) and have been sent an email notifying me of the September price increase, together with an offer of free broadband for 12 months if I switch my phone rental to PlusNet.

The small-print, however, contains conflicting information !

* "Unlimited broadband free for 12 months, then £9.99 a month, when you take line rental on a 12 month contract.
Available to existing Plusnet customers who sign up to a new 12 month contract through the offer landing page and take Plusnet Unlimited broadband with Plusnet line rental.
Plusnet line rental is £16.99 a month (£17.99 a month from 1st September). If you live in a low cost area and take Plusnet line rental at £16.99 a month (£17.99 a month from 1st September) you pay £4.99 a month for the first 12 months, current price from month 13 is £9.99 a month.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and will replace any discounts you currently have remaining on your account. You will enter into a new 12 month contract when you accept the offer."

So my first question is... is it free or half price for the 12 months ?

And secondly... if it is free and I take up this offer, will I retain my current referral discounts and will they resume once the charges for broadband kick back in, in month 13 ?

Many thanks.

My PC : Intel i7 920, ASUS P6T, 2x3GB Corsair DDR3, 2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint HDDs, ASUS HD4870DK, Pioneer DVR-216DBK DVD-RW, Corsair TX-650 PSU, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 (64-bit)

My ADSL : PlusNet 'Unlimited', BT Home Hub 3
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Jul-16 11:27:29
Print Post

Re: Q re: 'free BB for 12 months' offer if I switch phone to

[re: mikej] [link to this post]

why do you think you will get an actual answer here where Plusnet reps are as scarce as hen's teeth rather than https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Que...
Standard User mikej
(experienced) Thu 14-Jul-16 13:57:21
Print Post

Re: Q re: 'free BB for 12 months' offer if I switch phone to

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oldjim:
why do you think you will get an actual answer here where Plusnet reps are as scarce as hen's teeth rather than https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Que...

I haven't posted here for a while so I've no idea how frequently PN reps post here these days, but thought I would post here as well as the PN Community forum to increase my chances of getting a response.

My PC : Intel i7 920, ASUS P6T, 2x3GB Corsair DDR3, 2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint HDDs, ASUS HD4870DK, Pioneer DVR-216DBK DVD-RW, Corsair TX-650 PSU, Antec 300 case, Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ADSL : PlusNet 'Unlimited', BT Home Hub 3

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to