User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Aug-16 20:49:15
Print Post

A Broadband Cease order is currently progressing on which pr

[link to this post]

Congratulations Plusnet - I cancel due to the price increase and your CSA puts a cease on my line, so I cannot get a new ISP sorted tonight. Thanks a Bunch.

I didn't ask for a cease.I am cancelling due to price increases.
I've responded on the forum and to the ticket, so hopefully they can fix the mistake made by the CSA.

Not Happy.....

Steve

Edited by blfamily (Tue 02-Aug-16 20:49:44)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 02-Aug-16 20:59:37
Print Post

Re: A Broadband Cease order is currently progressing on whic

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Er, should have just contacted another ISP and asked them to migrate you to their service.
Standard User clivers
(learned) Tue 02-Aug-16 21:06:52
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Er, should have just contacted another ISP and asked them to migrate you to their service.

Indeed they have done what he asked for!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Aug-16 21:11:41
Print Post

I don't think so as then the moment they got the request from Superdooperfast ISP, they would demand the cancellation fee of 16 months worth of contract. The email says I can cancel, but does not mention anything about cease. I'll see what they say in the morning.

Steve
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 02-Aug-16 21:22:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by blfamily:
I don't think so as then the moment they got the request from Superdooperfast ISP, they would demand the cancellation fee of 16 months worth of contract.
That's when you tell them you are cancelling due to price increases, as it says in the email.
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Aug-16 21:28:54
Print Post

I did!!!!!

Steve
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 02-Aug-16 21:31:40
Print Post

So you've already requested a migration?
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Aug-16 21:54:00
Print Post

no, I did what the email said
We hope youíre happy with your products and services but if you do decide to leave because of these changes, we wonít apply any early termination charges. All we ask is that you call us to tell us within 30 days of getting this email and give us 14 daysí notice.^

I got this email back

We�re sorry you�ve decided to leave us because of the changes we�ve made to our home phone pricing and call rates. As agreed, because you�ve told us within 30 days of receiving the email we won�t be applying any early termination charges.

and this

This email is to confirm that your cancellation request has been processed.
Your account with us will finish on 16/08/2016.

Nothing in either says anything about a cease order. I did read on the PN Forum that someone got an email charging him some £200+ because he migrated BEFORE he contacted PN. So if he did that, and got that email, then I've done right? Oh and I'm not being charged a cease fee!

Steve

Edited by blfamily (Tue 02-Aug-16 21:55:53)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 02-Aug-16 21:58:57
Print Post

The Plusnet T&Cs say they accept the new provider's order notification as notice of cancellation and they schedule the migration to take place after the 14 day notice period.
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Aug-16 22:15:08
Print Post

In which case the email & the T&C contradict each other. The letter says ring to cancel, the T&C says you don't.

The CSA didn't ask me if I was going to give up on FTTC or whether I was migrating.

I'll get it sorted tomorrow, got to do something on my 51st birthday, so why not phone Sheffield....

TBH I might just reverse this and stay as is, buy myself a quality router and hope I get on the new network.

Steve
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to