User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 04-Aug-16 21:52:40
Print Post

4 more days

[link to this post]

and that is the end of my contract, not going to renew, will just carry on now until I find something that suits me for the price if I ever do.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Aug-16 16:59:31
Print Post

Re: 4 more days

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I've been doing that for a year now. Nothing much has come up although the recent price change announcement by AAISP needs a look.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Aug-16 17:11:50
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

AAISP is pretty pricey, they would have to change a lot to be honest.
so far I have not found anything really, I keep getting emails from Vodafone, but they are offer less than plusnet for more money and I can not see the service being any better.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Aug-16 18:01:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:

Yes I find myself using about 120gb of data a month. AAISP would be insane cost for that usage. (I assume its all the machines I have to update here, and my occasional NetFlix usage).

BTW - Your contract doesn't end, all that ends is the "minimum term" and it technically still an active contract, so you have follow the terms for ending/migration if you do want to close/migrate. This is the same with mobile phones, car leases etc, all contracts.

My minimum term was up in Jan, and my line rental saver expired in May, so I'm now free, but staying put for now.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 / Sync 6th Nov: 58,280/10,784 kbps with G.INP
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Flash Speedtest - HTML Speedtest
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Aug-16 18:55:12
Print Post

Yeah. I've just reviewed it and it's still £35pcm v. £23pcm. Much as I like to say we don't pay enough for BB in the UK a 50% price hike for nothing other than IPv6 just isn't worth it. My PN connection continues to operate without a flaw and IPv6 remains irrelevant.

So I'll be staying with PN.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Aug-16 19:00:12
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
BTW - Your contract doesn't end, all that ends is the "minimum term" and it technically still an active contract, so you have follow the terms for ending/migration if you do want to close/migrate.
Well yes but those conditions are minimal. They can be summed up as 'Do nothing and wait ten days' smile

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Aug-16 21:26:00
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Mine is around the 100GB.

I realise that it is the minimum term that is ending and not the contract, yes i choose the wrong word to use.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Aug-16 21:32:51
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:
Yeah. I've just reviewed it and it's still £35pcm v. £23pcm. Much as I like to say we don't pay enough for BB in the UK a 50% price hike for nothing other than IPv6 just isn't worth it. My PN connection continues to operate without a flaw and IPv6 remains irrelevant.

So I'll be staying with PN.

i just had a look, 100Gb for £35 a month then line rental on top, if you go over 100Gb that is another tenner. Seems very out of date now to have a limited service, certainly at those prices, i did see the 1TB service for £50 a month then again line rental on top, but they also said about have a line for broadband only, but you will still have to pay for it.

i am sure AAISP offers a good service, but way too much for me price wise and as you said being on IPv4 only have not made a difference to us. i doubt many providers are using IPv 6 anyway at the moment.
I will stay as I am and just look and see what comes up as long as Plusnet do not bug me now that the minimum term have come to the end.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Fri 05-Aug-16 21:53:47
Print Post

i did see the 1TB service for £50 a month then again line rental on top

Funny how things have changed - when I first got broadband it was £50 a month (cheapest was BT at £40 IIRC) + line rental, fortunately it dropped to about £25 or so a few months later

When Plusnet announced the dropping of 40:20 I looked at alternatives, but despite Plusnet support having been bad the couple of times I have had to contact them, it doesn't look like any of the other big ones are better - I am not sure I'd gain anything moving so just stayed

Ken

Nostalgia is memory with the pain removed
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sat 06-Aug-16 08:06:22
Print Post

AAISP now don't charge extra for 80/20 which helps.

Pulse8 is one of the obvious choices for line rental at only £13 per month and way lower call charges than BT/Plusnet.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to