User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User georgelnx
(regular) Tue 20-Sep-16 19:32:36
Print Post

New Service Issue - 5 working day for updates

[link to this post]

There is now a 5 working day turnaround for any update at Plusnet from their suppliers (BTW) to existing faults
https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Fault-R...
Due to a number of issues including the recent storms, our suppliers are experiencing longer delays than normal to get phone & broadband faults sorted With these delays, it'll now take 5 working days to update on existing faults. We're really sorry for this inconvenience

Kind Regards

Customer Support

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Sep-16 10:24:29
Print Post

Re: New Service Issue - 5 working day for updates

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by georgelnx:
There is now a 5 working day turnaround for any update at Plusnet from their suppliers (BTW) to existing faults
https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Fault-R...
Due to a number of issues including the recent storms, our suppliers are experiencing longer delays than normal to get phone & broadband faults sorted With these delays, it'll now take 5 working days to update on existing faults. We're really sorry for this inconvenience

Kind Regards

Customer Support

I wonder if it would be safe to assume that the same applies for other mass market ISPs who use BT Wholesale as their supplier? tongue

plusnet user

Edited by Apprentice (Wed 21-Sep-16 10:28:51)

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Sep-16 10:38:28
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I doubt it. I understand a repairs backlog after storms, but cannot see how that stops office staff reporting on the timescale of a fault.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 21-Sep-16 10:43:38
Print Post

Surely any ISP using Openreach infrastructure wink. (Edit 2 - I see the Community post doesn't mention BTW).

BTW don't do much with faults as far as I know except refuse to pass them on to Openreach if they think they can get away with it frown.

Edit - On a quick look I don't see any Openreach MBORC reports on AAISP pages.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 21-Sep-16 10:57:28)

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Sep-16 11:08:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I don't see any Openreach MBORC reports on AAISP pages.
Unlike Plusnet who report
Openreach is therefore declaring MBORC for repair activities the following areas, with effect from 23:59 19 September 2016:

Northumberland and Wearside
Thames North
Thames South
Southampton
Bournemouth*
*second event - MBORC declared 16 September 2016.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 21-Sep-16 11:09:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Openreach offers various grades of repair response times, so you can opt for the basic offered equally to everyone or opt in and pay a little more for one of the various higher levels of response time.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 21-Sep-16 11:23:08
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

There are localised outages on this page. I would normally expect to see MBORCS on there or on this one, which has a big round zero under major issues.

The list you give seems quite short for a national ISP to be reporting a national slowdown to 5-day turnaround of fault progress reporting. That's of progress reporting, not fix times.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Sep-16 14:24:03
Print Post

Plusnet blaming BTW for their own inability to handle the fault volumes?

Given the horrendous wait times on the phones and chat these days that is a distinct possibility.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User georgelnx
(regular) Wed 21-Sep-16 15:29:39
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Interesting thought, one which went through my mind especially since no other ISP has made a similar announcement.

@Andrew - Why has no other ISP who use Openreach made a similar declaration ? You're the man with the connections so it would be nice to see your journalistic sleuthing skills figure this one out.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 21-Sep-16 15:59:29
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

Have asked

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to