User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-16 15:09:41
Print Post

Plusnet profits increase

[link to this post]

http://www.thestar.co.uk/business/plusnet-downloads-...

Looks like continually being short of staff to man the phones and chat is benefiting their profits!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 20-Oct-16 15:57:18
Print Post

Re: Plusnet profits increase

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

And it shows the CS problem in reality rather than the platitudinous piffle given to people on the forums both here and on the Community site.
Turnover grew 18 per cent in the same period
That's the year to 31 March. The turnover increase due to increased customer numbers and an increasing proportion on FTTC so paying more than they were on ADSLx.
... while customer numbers were up 13 per cent, although the total is deemed too commercially sensitive to reveal.

Employee numbers grew eight per cent to 1,200, with 1,000 in Sheffield, based in the Balance office block on Trippet Lane, and 200 in Leeds.
So 13% more customers and 8% more staff. Many of whom will not be on CS.

Seeing as for years they have been claiming to be recruiting to catch up with fast customer growth, but CS access and response has deteriorated every year for a long time, the truth is out. They are losing ground rapidly. To cope with an increase in customer numbers of 13% and actually improve the CS service, I doubt if a 20% increase in CS staffing alone would be sufficient.

Pah! Humbug!

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-16 16:55:12
Print Post

Restricting upload speed has made a bob or two I expect - An old PN favourite grab.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-16 17:27:58
Print Post

They are not so generous as they used to be with their retention deals for existing customers either, as that well known supermarket says "every little helps" tongue

plusnet user
Standard User watsonm
(newbie) Thu 20-Oct-16 18:00:24
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I suggest they do need more CS staff.

Waited 20 minutes (not the announced 15!) to get through this week and after the preliminary chat was told I needed to be transferred to someone else. Waited a further 15 minutes (the muzak was rather loud) and eventually the call dropped out. By this time I was losing the will to live so decided to give up. frown

At least the CS posted the query on the website so I could follow it up. wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plusnet Fibre 40/2 Netgear DGND4000 and Netgear DM200
Plusnet customer since 2002
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-16 21:13:02
Print Post

[re: watsonm] [link to this post]

The 'Will to live' factor, saves ISPs so much actual work, it's about all that makes some viable these days !
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-16 21:42:41
Print Post

[re: watsonm] [link to this post]

I would die for 15 minute wait times. Have you ever been a BT customer? 1 hour is not unusual once you are transferred.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-16 23:26:00
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
I would die for 15 minute wait times. Have you ever been a BT customer? 1 hour is not unusual once you are transferred.
as the saying goes you gets what you pays for, cheap always means that some part of what they offer is going to be lacking in some way or other , Plusnot is what they should rebrand to, as for BT consumer, stay clear
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 21-Oct-16 08:58:18
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
as the saying goes you gets what you pays for, cheap always means that some part of what they offer is going to be lacking in some way or other , Plusnot is what they should rebrand to, as for BT consumer, stay clear

But BT is not cheap, so waiting a hour is a disgrace, saying that so is waiting 15 minutes.
These ISPs should remember who it is that allows them to make these high profits.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 21-Oct-16 09:46:52
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

It only takes me a minute to get through to BT support in the UK using one of their 0800 numbers
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to