User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TLM
(legend) Sat 12-Nov-16 19:06:57
Print Post

Broadband up & down like a yo-yo this afternoon/evening

[link to this post]

First started having problems about mid-afternoon (Bristol area) - getting the "Please check your broadband is enabled" message - but only very intermittently. So intermittently, that every time I tried to investigate, it had cured itself, so there was nothing left to investigate.

After a bit of this, I did the usual power cycling of the router, and thought all was fixed.

It's not - it's doing it again/still. Broadband light on the old standard PN-issue Thomson router shows red, indicating there's definitely a problem, but it goes green again while I'm looking, so it's happening just long enough to disconnect me, but not long enough to properly diagnose.

I've spent a long time on the phone today, with no apparent problems, so I don't think it's a voice issue.

Can't find anything at PN (or here) about known local issues - except one guy who's having difficulty accessing his Cheltenham router remotely from overseas - but Cheltenham isn't exactly Bristol, and it sounds as if he's got a much less straightforward set-up, and therefore more things that could go wrong, so I think that one's probably a red herring.

Of course, I've left it (just) too late to call PN, because as it went a while without doing it, I stupidly assumed it was fixed...

Edit: it hasn't done it again since the original post. Dare I hope that it's fixed now, and had absolutely nothing to do with my kit? wink

Edited by TLM (Sat 12-Nov-16 20:03:49)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Nov-16 01:03:26
Print Post

Re: Broadband up & down like a yo-yo this afternoon/evening

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

Post your full router stats.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User TLM
(legend) Thu 24-Nov-16 19:59:16
Print Post

Re: Broadband up & down like a yo-yo this afternoon/evening

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Wasn't anything at my end - never found out what it was. Only played up that day, and not again since (touch wood). Presumed something going on at PN, or at the exchange.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to