User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User JPB
(member) Tue 15-Nov-16 18:34:56
Print Post

How to order Fibre from PlusNet when the cabinet is full?

[link to this post]

We are currently on PlusNet Unlimited ADSL Broadband and decided that we should look at upgrading to FTTC since that has been available on our exchange for some time.

When not logged in to the PlusNet site it suggests that Fibre should be available, but when I log in to my account and click on "Product Change" it won't give me that option.
I've now checked the BT checker (www.dslchecker.bt.com) and the "WBC FTTC Availability Date" shows as "Waiting list".

I assume that PlusNet won't let me place an order as FTTC is not currently available, but as far as I can see there is no way in which I can ask to be put on the waiting list either.

Does anyone have any experience of getting FTTC in this situation or know whether or not PlusNet will even consider adding me to the waiting list?

Thanks

Judy
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Nov-16 22:11:22
Print Post

Re: How to order Fibre from PlusNet when the cabinet is full

[re: JPB] [link to this post]

Waiting list mean you have to wait until your turn! BT Openreach database via BT Wholesale will change from waiting list to available (then u can order via plusnet) but in the meantime, u have to wait.
Standard User IanBB
(committed) Tue 15-Nov-16 23:51:34
Print Post

I think placing an order for fibre broadband will put you on the list.

Some info here from Bob Pullen on the PlusNet forum.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JPB
(member) Wed 16-Nov-16 12:19:50
Print Post

[re: IanBB] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by IanBB:
I think placing an order for fibre broadband will put you on the list.

Some info here from Bob Pullen on the PlusNet forum.

Unfortunately my problem is that I cannot place an order at the moment since it will not give me the option to do so.
I would be happy to go onto the waiting list but so far I cannot find a way to do that...

I was going to raise a question from the Member Centre but, again, there does not seem to be any way of doing that either! If your query does not fit one of their standard questions it looks like you have to phone them?

Judy
Standard User JPB
(member) Wed 16-Nov-16 12:21:00
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Waiting list mean you have to wait until your turn! BT Openreach database via BT Wholesale will change from waiting list to available (then u can order via plusnet) but in the meantime, u have to wait.

Yes, I understand that, but there is no option to be added to the waiting list

Judy
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Nov-16 15:07:31
Print Post

AIUI few if any ISPs are operating a waiting list where an FTTC cab is currently full. This isn't specifically a Plusnet problem. Until this feature is added you will have to check availability yourself, perhaps daily, just as you would if you wanted to go with Sky, TT, Vodaphone or even BT Consumer.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Nov-16 21:15:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by JPB:

Openreach don't offer a waiting list service, so no ISP can offer this formally.

If an ISP does, it means they are checking for you on a daily basis themselves. Not really something the lowest priced ISPs will want to do.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 - Sync as of 7th Aug 16: 55,355/10,291 kbps with G.INP
17 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial -Router: Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Nov-16 22:08:09
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
Openreach don't offer a waiting list service, so no ISP can offer this formally.

That's not how I understood it. From the release information that Openreach put out, it looks like they do support it. Just no-one (until now) appeared to use it.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Nov-16 22:13:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by JPB:

Have you called, and tried through Plusnet's own staff? Perhaps the website upgrade path hasn't been altered to cope, but Plusnet's back-office system (available to staff only) has been altered?

Or, even if it turns out that the normal staff on the phone cannot do anything, you might still find that support staff manning their community forum can get the order placed.

When I've had my biggest problems, they've been fixed via the forum - by staff who know far more, and can do far more, than is standard.
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Thu 17-Nov-16 12:56:02
Print Post

We don't use the waiting list in the way Bob describes anymore as the timescales can vary hugely from a few days to months.

At point of sale we check if fibre is available, if it's showing as 'waiters list' we wouldn't take an order for fibre at that point but would advise the customer they can sign up to ADSL and then upgrade to FTTC when it does become available.

If we take an order for FTTC and the cab changes to waiters list between signup and when we place the order, we'll let the customer know of their options which are to switch to ADSL until FTTC is available or cancel the order.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to