User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Nov-16 15:45:09
Print Post

mobile from plusnet

[link to this post]

Plusnet is launching a mobile service, I thought it would sooner or later due to BT taking over EE, if you register your interest, it is a sim only 30 day rolling contract if you call it a contact, £10 a month, 4GB of data and unlimited text and voice, pretty good deal to be honest.
I am thinking it over and you do not have to be a plusnet customer to get it.

Here is the info

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Nov-16 19:48:26
Print Post

Re: mobile from plusnet

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

It's amazing how much the market has changed in recent years. Unlimited calls and texts for that amount would have been unheard of not long ago, but of course what everyone values the most now is unlimited data, and that is becoming harder to find.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 66997/19999 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Nov-16 21:02:49
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

the problem is not everyone wants unlimited data or even need a load of data and yet trying to find something at a good price that just do text and talk is getting more and more difficult.

it would be nice if there was a way to make your own package, so say I wanted 300 mins of voice, 500text and 500MB of data, but it is all packages

I have been looking around, talk mobile offers 500 minutes, 5000 texts. 1GB data for £7.50 a month. which is more than enough for me and on a 30 day contract, the problem is it is still on the Vodafone network, which I want to get off, unless things improve.

The plusnet offer is great, if you are going to make use of it, I am paying £14 a month for 600mins, unlimited text and 1GB of data, ok I do get an extra 1GB on special offer that still seems to be attached to my account, even if I am now out of min contract. but i do not use all of that, so I am paying for stuff i do not use.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 24-Nov-16 21:46:50
Print Post

EE plunging down frown

BT buy EE
BT realise lots of unused capacity and think it must be running full 24/7 to fit in with their business policies so they start mass selling of cheap products.
EE runs slow

frown frown frown

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User Carbis
(newbie) Thu 24-Nov-16 21:59:11
Print Post

Have a look at their other SIM deals link
500MB data 250 minutes 500 texts 30 day contract 4G network £5.00 per month

1GB data 1000 minutes Unlimited texts 30 day contract 4G network £7.50 per month
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Nov-16 22:08:18
Print Post

[re: Carbis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Carbis:
Have a look at their other SIM deals link
500MB data 250 minutes 500 texts 30 day contract 4G network £5.00 per month

1GB data 1000 minutes Unlimited texts 30 day contract 4G network £7.50 per month

Plus their "mates rates" offer if you are a Plusnet broadband customer, giving you double data volume.
Standard User Carbis
(newbie) Thu 24-Nov-16 22:24:24
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

I'm tempted but presume an EE locked phone (i must find out if it is actually locked!) means a new phone.

Does BT have its own network as well or will network coverage be the same as EE is now. I'm in Cornwall so this is a key issue.
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Thu 24-Nov-16 22:27:19
Print Post

Already been discussed here at great length.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/mobilebroadband/f/4...

I've pre signed up - worth a punt smile
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Thu 24-Nov-16 22:28:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by kasg:
but of course what everyone values the most now is unlimited data, and that is becoming harder to find.

Not on Three. My friend has a 30 day sim only deal which is £28 a month and they give her £8 discount - All you can eat everything and 30GB hotspot. That's pretty good.
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Thu 24-Nov-16 22:29:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
the problem is not everyone wants unlimited data or even need a load of data and yet trying to find something at a good price that just do text and talk is getting more and more difficult.

it would be nice if there was a way to make your own package, so say I wanted 300 mins of voice, 500text and 500MB of data, but it is all packages

I have been looking around, talk mobile offers 500 minutes, 5000 texts. 1GB data for £7.50 a month. which is more than enough for me and on a 30 day contract, the problem is it is still on the Vodafone network, which I want to get off, unless things improve.

The plusnet offer is great, if you are going to make use of it, I am paying £14 a month for 600mins, unlimited text and 1GB of data, ok I do get an extra 1GB on special offer that still seems to be attached to my account, even if I am now out of min contract. but i do not use all of that, so I am paying for stuff i do not use.

BT are doing 500MB unlimited talk and tests for £5 a month - have you seen it?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to