User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Nov-16 17:21:47
Print Post

Contract end date

[link to this post]

Having been told my contract expires 6 Dec 2016 and getting no response to requests to renew from Plusnet I took an offer from Sky.

Plusnet tell me I am still liable for a charge for the remaining months, despite Sky not starting till 6 Dec 2016! Does anyone know how the charge worked out, if it is not based on the contract expiry date?

Is there anyway to get a new ISP to start when a current contract ends and avoid being charged?

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Plusnet via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Thu 24-Nov-16 17:28:24
Print Post

Re: Contract end date

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

How did Plusnet inform you? Was it some sort of standard email?

I suggest you ask Plusnet what the charge will be. My understanding from a phone call to Plusnet is that it would not be very much in the circumstance you describe.

Michael Chare
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 24-Nov-16 17:31:18
Print Post

The (email?) notification of charges should detail what they are, in full detail. Not just a total.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/14463kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User georgelnx
(regular) Thu 24-Nov-16 18:36:48
Print Post

Look at your account summary at Plusnet Portal Account Summary . This will show any charges on your contract payable if you left today (Mine says £0.00 as I'm out of contract). It decreases as your contract goes on reaching zero when you are out of contract.
As you are moving to Sky, you will be charged as cessation fee of £30.00 as you are being disconnected from the BTW network and moved to the Sky LLU. This fee is shown on the summary too.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Nov-16 18:42:24
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by georgelnx:
As you are moving to Sky, you will be charged as cessation fee of £30.00 as you are being disconnected from the BTW network and moved to the Sky LLU. This fee is shown on the summary too.

A cease charge should not be payable as long as a recognised migration process is used. There is a charge to the gaining provider for a migration, but not to the losing one.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 24-Nov-16 18:47:18
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Agreed, except as he is still in contract it will be showing on his account. I don't think they clear it till after the end.

As you say, it should not be payable.

The same may apply to his "free router"? If he took one.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/14463kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 24-Nov-16 18:47:36)

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Nov-16 18:55:45
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Yes: email.

I did try and reply but it bounced. frown

Webchat is never available, phone takes ages to be answered, if you don't just get cut off and ticket system is a joke. frown

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Nov-16 18:56:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I agree: they should, but it didn't frown

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Nov-16 19:01:30
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

Useful info: thanks.

I think I'll cancel Sky, if I am going to be charged £30. No mention of this in their sign up. frown

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Nov-16 19:20:24
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Thanks.

I certainly don't see Sky as a cable provider and I have been promised the same phone number, so just a simple swap rather than cease and provide.

===========
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to