User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Nov-16 15:03:58
Print Post

Re: Why I have left Plusnet

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hmmm...

That list of 2007 plans doesn't make good reading!

Perhaps you should have coloured another of them thus:

incremental broadband central capacity and continued improvements to our network management systems

as it's all been a bit stop/go as they moved people to the new network over the last year!

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016)
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Nov-16 15:24:57
Print Post

Current line speed link

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer...

Still works for my 20CN ADSL 3Meg connection.

The only issue I have with PN is the disappointing retention deal I was offered this year, if I hadn't been stuck with their LRS I might have gone to .................... BT [cough], so I stayed with PN.

plusnet user
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 29-Nov-16 16:21:09
Print Post

Re: Current line speed link

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Yes, I have the link, but purely to supply it to people when asking for the result smile.

I expect I have the page as well, with goodness knows what in it, as I still have an email-only account to hold my d/d details to pay my referral credits through.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15329kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User georgelnx
(regular) Tue 29-Nov-16 17:00:24
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

The current line speed is only currently of value if
1. You have a static IP or
2. are still on the old network.
If dynamic and on new network then this value has no bearing on your speeds (Ask staffers Chris or HarryB on the forums if you want evidence as they have posted this information multiple times)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 29-Nov-16 17:03:25
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

Less another nail in the coffin, but more breaking it up for firewood wink.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 29-Nov-16 20:25:37
Print Post

[re: gordon_k] [link to this post]

on sky things mostly "just work"

They rolled out ipv6 albeit with dynamic prefixes. Congestion issues dont happen and so on.
They also answer the phone quicker than 50 minutes if that bothers you smile

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 29-Nov-16 20:35:15
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

But your IPv6 now has a static IP address for your router?

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 29-Nov-16 20:37:48
Print Post

yes because the prefixes are "sticky"

So they wont change providing.

Router doesnt send a release command (I had to get asuswrt fixed for this and also contributed to pfsense fix, sky even admitted some of their own routers were sending release also but they fixed).
Connection isnt offline for more than 7 days allowing dhcp to expire.
DUID doesnt change.

My router always has the same wan ipv6 ip.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Tue 29-Nov-16 20:38:13)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 29-Nov-16 21:55:29
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Thanks. That extra info you've given could be useful smile. I'm trying to sort out mine. Curiously, a few dropped PPPoE sessions or re-syncs caused by playing with settings have resulted in a change, but what seems to have been a "random" re-sync an hour ago retained the IP address.

My ZyXel 3214 router supposedly has a problem with IPv6 with no fix expected, but no-one really seems to know what causes it. I was running using my HG612 into the WAN port, but trying its inbuilt modem and making progress slowly.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 30-Nov-16 15:54:53
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

I think on the theme of this thread, it's worth this link to your post about the new mobile phone mess. With the OP of that thread also relevant.

More chaos, with one of the faults the many-years-existing problem of simple error correction of a simple website error. In this case a single character missing from a link. Response "We're aware of the technical issues with some of the links provided via our website. We're working to get this resolved as quickly as possible and we'll keep you updated".

So a vital link not checked, and now needs to go onto the priority assignment queue awaiting a weekly committee meeting; then that forwarded to the next task assignment committee meeting a week later to assign it to a team leader; who receives weekly schedules of new work and then adds it to the bottom of a team member's list for the priority level assigned 2-3 weeks earlier; who in a few weeks adds the missing character to the link and tests it once then sends a completion ticket to the team leader, and back up the system to the mod being incorporated into the next website update at the end of January, having missed the end of December one.

Or similar!

Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15393kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to