User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 30-Nov-16 16:16:00
Print Post

Re: Why I have left Plusnet

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

well aaisp supply static prefixes.

So if your router WAN ip is changing then the very likely cause is a dynamic DUID been generated by the router, probably based on date/time.

Ideally you want the DUID generated based on only the MAC of the router, which will mean then its always the same DUID after reboot's etc. which should keep the same ip. It may also be possible to assign a manual static ip from the prefix which bypasses the DUID altogether.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Wed 30-Nov-16 16:16:34)

Standard User richi
(regular) Thu 01-Dec-16 10:19:58
Print Post

Re: Current line speed link

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
So a vital link not checked, and now needs to go onto the priority assignment queue awaiting a weekly committee meeting; then that forwarded to the next task assignment committee meeting a week later to assign it to a team leader; who receives weekly schedules of new work and then adds it to the bottom of a team member's list for the priority level assigned 2-3 weeks earlier; who in a few weeks adds the missing character to the link and tests it once then sends a completion ticket to the team leader, and back up the system to the mod being incorporated into the next website update at the end of January, having missed the end of December one.
I dare say the task got filed at the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, stuck in a disused lavatory, with a sign on the door saying, "Beware of the leopard".

3 km line on THTG: 18/1 Mb/s with Pulse8
Standard User georgelnx
(regular) Sun 04-Dec-16 20:53:18
Print Post

[re: gordon_k] [link to this post]

A family member is leaving Plusnet after 4 weeks(!) to go to Sky due to the terrible service received. When I was told that they had signed for Plusnet, I did warn that they would probably experience issues. But I didn't believe that they would be so bad as to move supplier in less than 1 month. However it is.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User georgelnx
(regular) Mon 05-Dec-16 21:07:01
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Jelv

You missed out the lack of Plusnet customer support in their forums. This post is a classic (by Adam Walker) and shows the new Plusnet in action Please note that this is a community site and as such a response from a member of staff doesn't denote that we've taken personal ownership of a customers issue or replying to a particular post going forwards unless that has been stated clearly or agreed between us and the customer which it wasn't in this case.
So clearly don't expect any help by posting in our forums.

Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 05-Jan-17 10:34:44
Print Post

They are a disgrace

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I was promised a call from a manager yesterday within 4 hours, NEVER HAPPENED.

They break promises, have staff answering calls who have no clue as to what they are saying or promising.

Jelv you did well to leave. They are an absolute mess and when the round of advertising cheap products which get customers for a short time and then they leave, is past, so hopefull will PN be.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 05-Jan-17 12:32:45
Print Post

Re: They are a disgrace

[re: RogN] [link to this post]

many of the senior members here left them when things were on a clear downward projectile.

Me, ignition, RobertoS, and jelv all left plusnet around the same time. We all tried to give them time to improve but it wasnt to be sadly.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 05-Jan-17 13:01:00
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

So true.

When good men like Adam Walker have to post (in the Community Forums) the appalling message quoted here, there is no hope remains of proper support for anything other than asking which cable plugs in where and how do you switch your house lights on, because it's too dark to find your computer.

Except the second of those isn't on their Q & A list so they can't tell you. Especially as there are at least three possible answers wink.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 05-Jan-17 13:47:31
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
many of the senior members here left them when things were on a clear downward projectile.

Me, ignition, RobertoS, and jelv all left plusnet around the same time. We all tried to give them time to improve but it wasnt to be sadly.
Thing is for the price they are very good (as long as you don't experience any faults).

The recent network issues made me look around again but I can't find many places that will offer me 80/20 (with no noticeable peak-time slow down) with a static IP address and unlimited usage for £36pcm (£13pcm line rental to Pulse8). When all's said and done in the three years I've been with PN I've only personally experienced half a dozen days of bad service.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Thu 05-Jan-17 13:48:07)

Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 05-Jan-17 13:50:57
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

All that is saying is that Adam didn't take ownership of that particular issue. He answered a question, reset the connection and then suggested the user carry out some diagnostics. The user either didn't do that or else neglected to post the results. The issue is therefore pending until/unless the customer does what is asked.

That isn't to say that PN customer service doesn't have problems. It's truly horrible most of the time. But the forum staff generally do a reasonable job and all I see there is a customer not doing what was asked and then getting pissy.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Thu 05-Jan-17 13:57:31)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Jan-17 14:04:37
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

Thing is for the price they are very good (as long as you don't experience any faults).

In my case I would agree with you, the exchange is 20CN and the connection is long so speed test results are around 2.5Mbps, very solid connection and never had any serious issues in the years I've been with them after moving over from madasafish.

Their retention deals have changed in that I'm now paing £9.99 a month for BB on a 12 month contract + LRS, the previous 12 months there was no charge for the BB.

plusnet user
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to