User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Thu 05-Jan-17 15:11:53
Print Post

Re: They are a disgrace

[re: RogN] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RogN:
I was promised a call from a manager yesterday within 4 hours, NEVER HAPPENED.

They break promises, have staff answering calls who have no clue as to what they are saying or promising.

Jelv you did well to leave. They are an absolute mess and when the round of advertising cheap products which get customers for a short time and then they leave, is past, so hopefull will PN be.

many of the managers don't care about the customers and are only there to advance themselves, M r Kelly is (or was) one prime example
Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 05-Jan-17 16:54:56
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

Thing is for the price they are very good (as long as you don't experience any faults).

Or need any assistance about anything, ticket system no good, online chat when you can get it but often will not deal with some issues, long wait for phonbes, when they can't answer promise a return call in 4 hours, does not happen.

Just a disgrace. Not the first time either. I remember being there when they booted customers and threatened them with legal action.

Then they got better and are now a dissaster again.
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 05-Jan-17 17:29:23
Print Post

The actual service is quite good. The problem, like most of the ISPs I've been with is when something goes wrong or is not to the norm. it is very difficult to get things sorted. frown

Even after I migrated away they were still sending me bills and notices that I didn't have a valid payment method registered with them!

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Sky via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 05-Jan-17 18:11:35
Print Post

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hk11:
The actual service is quite good. The problem, like most of the ISPs I've been with is when something goes wrong or is not to the norm.
Things have been going wrong for years, far exceeding the norm of other ISPs. But until eighteen to twenty months ago the remnants of the Digital Care Team were still managing to keep the lid on.

That largely came to an end when the 24-hour phone help was removed, along with any semblance of a useful ticket system.

The introduction of the bng range of gateways was when the broadband service began to degrade - brand new kit that wasn't IPv6 capable? What????

Plusnet were running an IPv6 trial for years before I left in August 2015. Since when BT and Sky have gone live with it widespread. I just spent a week over Christmas on Sky 2.5Mbps ADSL2+ at a holiday cottage. On IPv6.

Then we started getting the congested shared WBMC, that strangely didn't seem to affect other ISPs using the same shared MSILs. So the much-trumpeted dedicated WBMC network crawled into view. Crawled being the word - like a dog with three legs and lame in one of those.

We see glaringly bad CS from many ISPs. Plusnet used to be much better than them. Now, it isn't.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User georgelnx
(member) Thu 05-Jan-17 20:07:50
Print Post

Re: Why I have left Plusnet

Andrue
I've just look at the forum and have found several threads still unanswered by staff after a minimum of 24 hours where it is crystal clear that staff input is all that is needed. But the staff ignore them (and the posts aren't rude or bad tempered or rants).
It is painful to see that the staff pick and choose at random.
I've been told off by forum staff for telling the ignored users that it would be better to use Facebook or Twitter as the public profile of them is higher and therefore more likely to see a response from staff. Amazingly the staff then answered the questions they had been ignoring for days.
But I still hold to that and wouldn't report anything I expected to get an answer to on the forums.

Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Jan-17 00:32:27
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The constant excuse now, I have seen it twice in one day on two postings from management, is "human error" , well the bots could do better.

If they could keep their customers maybe they could afford decent staff instead of muppets.
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Jan-17 16:54:08
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

For an alternative experience:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/House-...

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Jan-17 16:57:28
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by georgelnx:
Andrue
I've just look at the forum and have found several threads still unanswered by staff after a minimum of 24 hours
PN's stated response time is 72 hours.
It is painful to see that the staff pick and choose at random.
Can't say I've noticed that but I suspect you're right.
I've been told off by forum staff for telling the ignored users that it would be better to use Facebook or Twitter as the public profile of them is higher and therefore more likely to see a response from staff.
Being 'told off' seems harsh but they are right. The forum is usually the best place to ask. Maybe it shouldn't be but it is.
But I still hold to that and wouldn't report anything I expected to get an answer to on the forums.
Nope. That's the complete opposite of the situation.

Of course customers should get good and rapid responses from all communication avenues but currently the forum is far and away the best place to get a response. At least there you are dealing with knowledgeable and - apparently at least - willing staff. The other avenues seem to be populated by indifferent script-monkeys.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Fri 06-Jan-17 16:57:42)

Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Fri 06-Jan-17 17:08:09
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Kelly was one of the best members of staff, helped me out numerous times (including when he was away from work).

Dave, Kelly, Paul H, Bob Pullen - all were really helpful staff members. Problem is that as Plusnet grew, they became more busy themselves and the procedure for support changed as well.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 06-Jan-17 17:28:15
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

That was KellyD. If that's who prince23 was referring to, I agree that Kelly was brilliant. If there is a "Mr r Kelly" then I know nothing about him.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to