User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User georgelnx
(member) Fri 06-Jan-17 19:52:34
Print Post

Re: Why I have left Plusnet

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

Sorry but the forum is not an official support channel. The COMMUNITY FORUM mission statement is
We're a friendly bunch of Plusnet customers helping each other out, answering questions and talking about everything under the sun from broadband to what we're having for breakfast.
and is clearly stated as such at https://community.plus.net/
However Twitter and Facebook are official support channels.

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 06-Jan-17 20:43:12
Print Post

Re: They are a disgrace

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That was KellyD. If that's who prince23 was referring to, I agree that Kelly was brilliant. If there is a "Mr r Kelly" then I know nothing about him.

Sorry noo Not KellyD - He is a legend in my eyes. I meant one of the managers who thought he wass above his station and in was clearly in bed with the execs

Paul H is still one of my best mates to this day, Absolute top bloke smile

Dave - such a funny bloke. I used to call him Yoda smile

Bob - Ah Bob, I remember the day he announced he had done 100GB on his staff ADSL line - only to be [censored] on by Dave who then went and did a TB lol

Edited by 23Prince (Fri 06-Jan-17 20:45:35)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 07-Jan-17 12:25:41
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Bob is still there trying to keep things together, but he seems the only competent staff member there now. frown

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 07-Jan-17 13:40:10
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by georgelnx:
Sorry but the forum is not an official support channel.
I didn't say it was.

I said that the forums were the best place to go for support. And they are. The other channels are manned by ignorant script monkeys. At least on the forums you can chat to stars like Bob Pullen. Most of the forum staff know what they are talking about and have shown willingness to get involved and resolve problems. Time and again we see them having to pick up the pieces from a failed twitter chat or phone call. Time and again they have to apologise for incorrect information given by the 'official' customer service channels.

Anyone that needs support from PN is best advised to go to the forums.

By trying to suggest the opposite you are doing PN customers a great disservice. What little support PN offer is best obtained through the forums. And, generally speaking, you will get your issue resolved through there.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Sat 07-Jan-17 13:42:11)

Standard User georgelnx
(member) Sat 07-Jan-17 17:59:30
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

But I was clearly told that Twitter and Facebook are manned by the same staff that look after the forum. Hence why they told me off for pointing customers to Twitter. (the 2 posts in different places syndrome).
We aren't going to agree.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-Jan-17 18:13:21
Print Post

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

If you posted about the same thing in any two of the three places, or worse still all three, then that will be what they were telling you off about. Cross-posting the same thing is evil!

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User georgelnx
(member) Sat 07-Jan-17 21:40:51
Print Post

I wasn't posting multiple post anywhere!
I was advising people that they would be better off using Twitter to get a response as their posts were being ignored on the forum. The staff when they eventually showed up where not happy that I pointed that out.

Edited by georgelnx (Sat 07-Jan-17 21:42:34)

Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 12-Jan-17 23:17:28
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Oh feels like a PN staff love-in. I wish any staff were competent, dealt with issues, did not shoot from the hip, listened to customers and wanted to do customers proud. Sadly in my experience they don't.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 13-Jan-17 01:07:48
Print Post

[re: RogN] [link to this post]

The staff of two or three years ago, working in the management regime of that time, were exactly what you request. Those who are left have nothing like the freedom to do that, nor the power to get things done, that they had then.

Don't be so denigratory.

Very senior management is where the blame for the problems lies. Not with people like you and I doing all they are still allowed to. Walking out of a job may be something you can do with ease - not many people can.

Edit - typo "do" corrected to "so".

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 13-Jan-17 08:25:35)

Standard User awontroba
(regular) Fri 13-Jan-17 02:49:18
Print Post

While Plusnet staff were very helpful with my business ADSL and later long drawn out switch to FTTC, their sales droid's extremely unhelpful response to the problems I had with their system when I attempted to order FTTC on a new line at my mother's home made me go to BT for that.

While I have not suffered since FTTC installation, I pay Plusnet around £58 a month for FTTC, phone and call package, and fear that it will not be value for money if something does go wrong, especially at night. (while the phone calls are picked up rapidly, nobody can do anything until the morning).

Once my home business FTTC contract is up in the autumn I too will be off. Probably to A&A.

My phone contract is already up. I assume I can soon migrate this to somebody like Pulse8 or even BT and not break my Plusnet FTTC. Any advice?

--
Adrian
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to