User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 13-Jan-17 08:40:35
Print Post

Re: They are a disgrace

[re: awontroba] [link to this post]

My phone was never with Plusnet. It was always with BT until I moved it to Pulse8 in late 2015. I was on Plusnet FTTC at the time and there was no problem with the switch.

A month later I triggered my move of FTTC to AAISP. Again, a completely smooth transfer.

Since then there have been people moving phone from Plusnet to Pulse8 and keeping their FTTC with Plusnet. At the time that simply meant paying Plusnet an extra £2.50 per month for broadband. I haven't checked but is that now £3? IIRC the OP of this thread was one. This saved them a considerable amount per month.

Jelv has now also moved his FTTC away, as per his OP of this thread.

How you get to £58 per month with Plusnet I also haven't worked out. It sounds impossibly high to me. How much do you use the phone and in what way? Do you need the phone package you have?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Jan-17 10:27:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Very easy - Unlimited Business Fibre with no discounts https://www.plus.net/business/broadband/fibre-optic/ once you add VAT
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 13-Jan-17 10:52:20
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Ah blush. I forgot about the "business" bit frown.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Jan-17 10:59:27
Print Post

Having managers not read what their minions have really said before shooting from the hip has nothing to do with anything you talk about.

That is my recent experience.

They are just incompetent.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 13-Jan-17 11:37:54
Print Post

[re: RogN] [link to this post]

If staff are incompetent it is senior managements' fault.

Simples.

The competent staff get sidelined, or prevented from acting sensibly in the way the good ones used to, or leave.

You seem to have a long history of complaining about Plusnet, so I don't understand your objection to my absolutely correct post. Though I'm not sure from your post who you mean is shooting from the hip, and who are the incompetents - the minions staff or the (middle-to-low level) managers.

Standard User awontroba
(regular) Fri 13-Jan-17 12:05:50
Print Post

Thanks for the advice folks. I'll move my phone in a month or so

Myself, as with my ex employer, I suspect that the source of Plusnet's problems is the senior management level, with a determination to lead the race to the bottom. I expect that soon they will be offshoring as much as they can. A well worn path to disenchanting customers and de-motivating the staff who remain.

--
Adrian
Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Jan-17 12:36:23
Print Post

Never tried to discover the hierarchy, but in the old days did know some of the top staff, now they are just names. But I was not referring to the minions, they are not incompetent usually just not trained well. I was referring to people who claim they are 'managers'. And whilst I respect your right to say anything about managers, respect mine when my experience and that of others may be vastly different from yours.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 13-Jan-17 12:46:38
Print Post

Are you reading my posts correctly?

You complain about the management. I am complaining about senior management. In what way am I disrespecting your views when as far as I can see I am agreeing with them. Particularly with regard to the top echelons who control the whole structure - the target of my criticisms?

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 13-Jan-17 18:10:01
Print Post

I can give one example of change.

When I first joined plusnet, if I raised an issue, the forum staff were able to resolve it personally, they had the power to do that.

When they got replaced with members of another team (as the department got dissolved), that new team instead of taking ownership of problems would simply pass on the problem to the standard support staff with a request to treat the problem with a bit higher urgency. They seemed to not have the power to fix things themselves.

Its also around that time things like the exchange status and other stuff that was maintained by that original team stopped been updated.

Plusnet when I joined them did have problems, but they were more like annoyances then big issues, it was generally congestion free, and was competent staff manning the forums able to fix almost everything.

Fast forward to now and various alarming things have happened.

They gone from testing ipv6 to now not having any foreseeable capability to launch it (as the new gateways seem to not support it).
The staff manning the forums are not as useful as the first bunch were, bob seems to be the only staff member left who is genuinely frustrated with problems, but he is just one guy, he cannot perform miracles.
As the process of migrating from ag to bgn gateways started, performance problems appeared, and since then they have never been fully resolved.
They have reverted to 40/2 as their mainstream FTTC product, when prior to that was 40/10 and 40/20.
Publicly available information has gradually been removed.
24/7 support became daytime and evening support.
Tickets have been replaced with live chat an inferior system.

Plusnet has basically been transformed into a mass market isp by its management (who someone else has pointed out are not even on plusnet's payroll but BT instead) which is targeting the market segment below BT retail.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User lodge
(committed) Fri 13-Jan-17 20:25:26
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
Plusnet has basically been transformed into a mass market isp by its management (who someone else has pointed out are not even on plusnet's payroll but BT instead) which is targeting the market segment below BT retail.

That was always going to happen when BT bought Plusnet. I'm just surprised it took so long.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to