User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 15-Jan-17 15:45:06
Print Post

Re: They are a disgrace

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Too right, at times, but PN had some dark days too, when good an competent staff could not do what they knew needed doing!
Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 15-Jan-17 16:01:36
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

It was not just Ian, the staff and moderators monitored the forum, when I think carefully. Because staff did stop people posting, not just mods. And PN staff were the ultimate arbiters. This is an extract of an email from April 2005 from Dave Tomlinson shows the cross roads that they faced and it was after this, my memory says, that staff were withdrawn from moderation.
As I say give me some time so that we can sort out how we are going to move
the forum forward from here and how the moderators will fit in.
Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Jan-17 12:18:01
Print Post

[re: awontroba] [link to this post]

I think it is just rotten from top to bottom.

I have had emails this morning telling me I have a new contract, different length, different price from the one I reluctantly agreed in November 2016.

When I rang up they pressed me if I had rung up in January to change my contract. They had no idea.

They even tell me to trust them to put it right. That frightens me, because I know that they will just do what they usually do and mess it up again and again and again...

And that I will be back wasting my time getting to get through on the phone, explaining to people who do not get it and trying to sort out the mess they have made.

They are MORE than a disgrace.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User grapevine1
(regular) Thu 24-Jan-19 08:03:03
Print Post

Re: Why I have left Plusnet

Jelv,
I totally agree with all you say but put simply could it be that BT and especially their pet company Openreach want to bust out the control put on the takeover of plusnet by BT retail when it took place and flatten plusnet as it must have been a big problem to BT. BT retail after all own Plusnet could it be they BT now hope to wind up Plusnet.
The next year will see a lot of changes and a lot of landlines ending as their owners of contracts migrate to their smartphones and some continue with internet connections only.
This next 11 months I will be notifying all those with my landline number that it will end December 2019
and my main and standby mobiles will be the only way appart from email which is a mail and standby address and surface mail (if that remains ) will be the only way to contact us.
The heavy hand of OFCOM AT LAST LANDED or stated to before xmas 2018 on mobile service and contracts lets hope they finish off what they started, and not forget part of that was European pressure, (and I am a leaver not a remainer at all)
BW
grapevine1
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Jan-19 19:12:03
Print Post

[re: grapevine1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by grapevine1:
Jelv,
I totally agree with all you say but put simply could it be that BT and especially their pet company Openreach want to bust out the control put on the takeover of plusnet by BT retail when it took place and flatten plusnet as it must have been a big problem to BT. BT retail after all own Plusnet could it be they BT now hope to wind up Plusnet.
It's been two years since Jelv posted that and they haven't done it yet wink

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Jan-19 19:53:59
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

It's an interesting exercise to check off how many of the issues I've listed have been resolved in the two years!

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Jan-19 19:57:06
Print Post

Not a long one, I assume? tongue

William Grimsley.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 25-Jan-19 01:06:36
Print Post

And how many have been added?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 25-Jan-19 01:09:00
Print Post

[re: grapevine1] [link to this post]

@grapevine
Plusnet is now BT Group's bargain basement competitor to TalkTalk. It's as simple as that. While TalkTalk is there, Plusnet will be there.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Jan-19 13:55:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Indeed, especially considering the retail brand of BT is subject to Ofcom's margin squeeze test and Plusnet is not.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to