User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 29-Nov-16 16:59:22
Print Post

Plusnet directors

[link to this post]

It's interesting that of the four current directors of Plusnet, the CEO and two others are not on Plusnet's payroll. They are still paid by British Telecommunications plc.

Andy Baker's "salary and associated costs" are paid by the above and refunded by Plusnet. The other two are apparently not paid extra for their PN duties so no charge for them.

The fourth director, appointed in April 2016 is presumably head of the finance area, as she is a chartered accountant. Who pays her is not obvious, as her correspondence address is the same as all the others, BT Centre, 81 Newgate Street, London. Not Plusnet, Sheffield any of the four. She may have the same arrangement as Andy Baker.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15329kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Squirrel
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Nov-16 19:17:55
Print Post

Re: Plusnet directors

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

So what. PlusNet is owned by BT who are quite within their rights to appoint the people that they want to run it

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Nov-16 21:03:30
Print Post

[re: Squirrel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Squirrel:
So what. PlusNet is owned by BT who are quite within their rights to appoint the people that they want to run it

I thought it was a wholly owned subsiduary (as is EE) and hence did they really need formal directors, as the BT group board would be the one responsible to shareholders and companies house?

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 - Sync as of 7th Aug 16: 55,355/10,291 kbps with G.INP
17 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial -Router: Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 30-Nov-16 21:34:50
Print Post

[re: Squirrel] [link to this post]

The point is that they are not employed by Plusnet. That rather compromises them wrt conflict of interest in my eyes. They are executive directors, not advisory ones.

It was/is well known that they were appointed by BT.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15448kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 30-Nov-16 21:35:20)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 30-Nov-16 21:38:28
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

It's still a plc though James, just one body holds all the shares. An Annual Confirmation (which recently replaced Company Returns) and Accounts still have to be audited and filed with Companies House.

That's where the info I posted came from.

Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/15448kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Wed 30-Nov-16 21:39:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's more interesting as to why they are paying people who don't work there whilst 90% of the new mobile portal is broken and many people complain about their rubbish service and slow speeds. Maybe they should put their cash where it matters.
  Print Thread

Jump to