User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Jaowon
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Dec-16 13:48:06
Print Post

IP Range

[link to this post]

Hi

I have had IP ranges with plusnet that I've probably had for well over 15 years now. I've had no issues with them. Setting up the routers I've had supplied by plusnet over the years hasn't been a problem. I've just had to give the LAN the first IP in the range, then set the subnet to 255.255.255.248 and disable NAT and DHCP.

I've now upgraded the first of my lines to fibre, and I've been sent the HUB One as replacement. I can't for the life of me find where I can disable NAT. I suspect that this router doesnt support anything other than NAT and would just like some confirmation of it. I tried asking plusnet, but rather helpfully they no longer offer support for router config.
Standard User IanBB
(committed) Mon 19-Dec-16 15:22:04
Print Post

Re: IP Range

[re: Jaowon] [link to this post]

Have a look at advanced settings->home network->IP addresses
Standard User Jaowon
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Dec-16 15:44:48
Print Post

[re: IanBB] [link to this post]

There's no disable NAT option there.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IanBB
(committed) Mon 19-Dec-16 15:47:41
Print Post

That's all it let's you change unfortunately.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Dec-16 21:28:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jaowon:
I tried asking plusnet, but rather helpfully they no longer offer support for router config.

You may need a more flexible third party VDSL router. I don't think PN even supply IP ranges anymore, so doubt the Hub One has been tested with them.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 - Sync as of 7th Aug 16: 55,355/10,291 kbps with G.INP
17 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial -Router: Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM
Standard User Mml
(learned) Tue 20-Dec-16 00:33:07
Print Post

Plusnet Hub One can be flashed with OpenWRT firmware. I have an impression you will not struggle to configure that.
  Print Thread

Jump to