User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Wed 21-Dec-16 12:03:10
Print Post

Re: PN Website no longer showing data usage

[re: georgelnx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by georgelnx:
From the horse's mouth at https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Usage-...
Apologies. The fact your usage has stopped reporting is a product of the ongoing investigations into reports of packet loss around these parts.

It's a temporary measure, however I'm unable to tell you when it will return to normal just yet.
Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
‎25-11-2016

So nearly a month now since Plusnet acknowledged the issue. When the fix is due is anybody's guess

Like I said, This problem was causing nut ache back in 2008...
Standard User georgelnx
(member) Wed 21-Dec-16 12:09:48
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

But this time it is deliberately turned off, not just some mess up in the backend like it always has been in the past.

Standard User BREWERDAVE
(regular) Wed 21-Dec-16 12:18:06
Print Post

Its a weird one - mine started to work again on 13th/14th then stopped recording -looks like they tried a fix then abandoned it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ambrougham
(newbie) Wed 21-Dec-16 12:48:48
Print Post

[re: BREWERDAVE] [link to this post]

My BQM graph went from several years of being typically like this:

[img]http://www.twowheels.force9.co.uk/TEMP/tbb%20bqm%202...[/img]

to this (note the change at ~0030 hours):

then after a few days to this (note the change at ~1045 hours):

Usage recording apparently also began being very strange around this time and ultimately stopped completely around the time the packet loss did ! No usage has been recorded recently and in fact I now just get an 'error' message when looking on the portal, not even zero figures on the usual table. Also weird was that the last detailed usage data I was actually able to view showed something really stupid like 20GB 'other' data usage for the current month. Far higher than the usually somewhat suspect single GB figure.

This all seems to correspond to finding that I am now forced to use 'bng' gateways after avoiding them like the plague ever since they first appeared due to finding performance and other issues with them. My experience of 'bng' gateways has always been really poor performance and various weird and unexplained issues, hence my routine monitoring and automatically dumping any such connections in an attempt to grab a more reliable alternative. Unfortunately, all of the remaining old style 'ag' gateways have apparently either been decommissioned now or I no longer have any routing to them so it's now 'bng' or nothing frown

In addition, I also received an email just before all this happened with words to the effect that Ye Olde Legacy Service (which technically requires usage monitoring to be available due to the data transfer limits etc.) is being terminated because "your current broadband service will no longer be available" and I am going to be moved to an 'unlimited' account.

No doubt all of this is only affecting "a very small number of customers" and/or "just pure coincidence" and all that wink

Really gotta love the most excellent performance on the shiny new 'bng' gateways though:

[img]http://www.twowheels.force9.co.uk/TEMP/poor%20single...[/img]

[img]http://www.twowheels.force9.co.uk/TEMP/poor%20single...[/img]

... or not as the case may be ! I'm sure they must have been configured by someone with dyslexia ... as they quite clearly should have been called 'nbg' gateways :lol:

EDIT: Hmmmm .... not sure what's happened regarding embedding images, I'm kinda sure it used to work :/ Clicky the linkies to view them.

Edited by ambrougham (Wed 21-Dec-16 13:30:51)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Dec-16 12:52:09
Print Post

[re: ambrougham] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ambrougham:
EDIT: Hmmmm .... not sure what's happened regarding embedding images, I'm kinda sure it used to work :/

Never on thinkbroadband, always have to link to another service. Maybe you're thinking of another forum?

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 - Sync as of 7th Aug 16: 55,355/10,291 kbps with G.INP
17 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial -Router: Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Dec-16 13:54:47
Print Post

[re: DRW] [link to this post]

Just shows payment due when I click on data useage, so must be a common fault.

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Sky via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========

Edited by hk11 (Wed 21-Dec-16 19:53:43)

Standard User georgelnx
(member) Wed 21-Dec-16 15:16:58
Print Post

[re: ambrougham] [link to this post]

@ambroughton
My experience of the BNG gateways mirrors yours, so I was very unhappy to loss my connection to them last month.
And since then I have been getting odd happenings, like TBB x1 test running at 1Mbps instead of 75Mbps; random slowdowns; no usage figures.
Nearly 8 years with Plusnet and I'm reaching for the exit door.

Standard User longedge
(committed) Wed 21-Dec-16 15:47:31
Print Post

Although I said in an earlier post that my useage was still being recorded, I've just checked and it isn't any longer, it shows 0KB for several days past now. I wonder if it is seen as an unnecessary overhead which can be dispensed with, being quietly allowed to fall by the wayside like a number of other things.

Standard User georgelnx
(member) Wed 21-Dec-16 15:56:14
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

@longedge
I refer you to my earlier post http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/t/4522062-p... where Plusnet say it has been turned off for performace reasons until such time as they figure out how to fix said issues.
Don't hold your breath waiting.

Edited by georgelnx (Wed 21-Dec-16 15:56:31)

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Dec-16 17:39:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by georgelnx:
where Plusnet say it has been turned off for performace reasons until such time as they figure out how to fix said issues.

I wonder if that means users with usage limits are getting free usage.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to