User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 04-Jan-17 09:20:30
Print Post

No PPPoE session

[link to this post]

Just joined plusnet today on my other line and

website down/members centre down
internal system down

line has been moved over now at 39999/2000

put in router details = not getting any connection

Phone up and the robot said my internet isn't ready to be working just yet

Support can't offer account advice because system down

Is this typical of plusnet these days? not been a customer here since 2010.

AAISP FTTC - 80/20 *TP-Link W9980*
Three - 4G *Huawei Honor 8*
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 04-Jan-17 10:20:55
Print Post

Re: No PPPoE session

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

Website still down, with a holding page rather than a 404.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/16365Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 04-Jan-17 10:29:05
Print Post

Website is back up. Maybe the rest is?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/16365Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Jan-17 11:03:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Still down. But message now is more "taken down for maintenance" than "oops something went wrong"
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Jan-17 11:07:45
Print Post

It happens every other blue moon. But its annoying when it catches you. And, while it is easy to get through on the phone now ... You just know it won't be when things start going later.

I had to do a power cycle on the router this morning, and it won't now auth. Bad timing...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 04-Jan-17 11:48:46
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Interesting. When I posted that it was back up, it was showing offers expiring in 6 days, 13 hours and ....

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 04-Jan-17 12:49:09
Print Post

There is a new ADSL offer that was due today, but cannot envisage an offer change like that taking down a whole site, unless it was rolled in with lots of other changes.

No idea what issue is, but Virgin Media are also known for breaking site with updates though usually for a shorter period.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 04-Jan-17 13:23:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes, it's back up now, with 13 days 10 hours plus a bit and £50 cashback. But very strangely, (possibly wrongly?) the next product down is the standard one, more expensive with a longer minimum term. I see no sense in that being there.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 04-Jan-17 13:36:44
Print Post

heh its there a third time also smile

The deal gets worse as you scroll down.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 04-Jan-17 13:47:46
Print Post

Taken a leaf out of the TalkTalk lets confuse people book (PlusNet always has been a bit confusing if you don't realise about some of the various options).

The TalkTalk scenario is longer contracts are sometimes more expensive, but you get a fixed price for that period, and was in response to people wanting certainty of pricing, though don't believe the PlusNet offer is a guaranteed fixed price

What you see varies depending on route to offer, i.e. our official link is somewhat simpler.

Edited by MrSaffron (Wed 04-Jan-17 13:49:36)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to