User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nadger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Jan-17 09:44:04
Print Post

Do Plusnet ever pay £50 Cash Back?

[link to this post]

My daughter signed up on 22/10/16 for a line installation and unlimited adsl.
Line went active on 09/11/16 and she was supposed to receive cash back email within 10 days.

She phoned on 02/12/16 and was told cashback had been located.

Having heard nothing she phoned again on 03/01/17 only to be told department dealing with cashback was under pressure and that CSA would send them an email.

I've made sure that my daughter checks all her emails including spam.

NOTHING

As she pays by DD why can't they simply pay £50 into her account?
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jan-17 13:42:48
Print Post

Re: Do Plusnet ever pay £50 Cash Back?

[re: nadger] [link to this post]

TopCashBack were doing a £100 cashback when I joined Plusnet, I never saw it though. All I got from TCB was 'we don't think you completed the transaction' I did. I was with Plusnet for just over two years (left due to the packet loss problems).

Good luck!!

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2 -> Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra -> Vodafone 76
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-Jan-17 16:14:14
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

Topcashback is different as it relies on their tracking, i.e. you've found the offer via them

PlusNet cashback should not be so arbitrary in it being awarded, i.e. should work as expected, there should be no need for all the chasing, and the wider question then is how common is that.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jan-17 16:17:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

There's a steady stream of people complaining about this on the Plusnet community forums.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016)
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User awontroba
(regular) Tue 17-Jan-17 18:15:14
Print Post

Cashback sites have never worked for me. Plusnet, BT ...

I don't even consider using such any more.

I would rather have the benefit as vouchers or money off the product.

--
Adrian
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Jan-17 18:24:45
Print Post

I got money back as promised"

My deal was via Money Saving Expert.

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Sky via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User nadger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Jan-17 09:14:36
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

It's a shame that one has to chase what should be a simple process.

Line installation ( Building wired for both BT and Virgin when built) and adsl activation went perfectly and adsl giving 12Mbps.

I've been with Plusnet since July 2007 ( moved from Pipex) and no major problems.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 18-Jan-17 11:41:25
Print Post

If the builder installed extensions it might be worthwhile checking what speed it gives using the test socket inside the master. If significantly higher then deal with the Ring wire.

While you have the faceplate off it's also worth checking it is proper phone wiring, not cheap burglar alarm type. Particularly if she is connecting at an extension rather than at the master.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User lodge
(committed) Wed 18-Jan-17 14:36:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by nadger:
My daughter signed up on 22/10/16 for a line installation and unlimited adsl.
Line went active on 09/11/16 and she was supposed to receive cash back email within 10 days.

It took me 4 months last year to obtain a Plusnet cashback. Even so, I had to get very vocal on their Comminity forum and enlisted the help of one of their so-called Community Gaffers.

Here's the thread link - I guess you have to sign into their forums to read it.

Cashback delay

Your daughter will receive her cashback eventually, but sadly not within the promised timescale.
Perversely, I spent all the cashback (and more) on early cancellation of my Plusnet contract. It was a poor service that I was glad to be free of.

Edited by lodge (Wed 18-Jan-17 14:41:49)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 18-Jan-17 14:47:07
Print Post

They should use a system where the user is given a referral code, they enter it, and then there is no dispute over the referral, no need to rely on what seems to be unreliable tracking.

The system itself seems dependent on a X amount of people not getting the cashback to remain profitable.

In my case I was getting nowhere until plusnet forum staff stepped in and then it eventually got resolved. Basically it was reporting tracking worked right up until the day I went live, and literally midnight that day it reported failure, seemed a bit dodgy to me, surely they would know before then if it tracked ok.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to