User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 17-Jan-17 11:40:24
Print Post

Line fault over a week old and still no fix in sight.

[link to this post]

Come on , unacceptable that my dad has had to wait over a week and so far no joy getting this fixed, also pretty rubbish there was a 3 day delay as a cherry picker was not even available. (so BTO are just as lame as you lot) - and that's a terrible combination to have to rely on.

Also pretty shocking that for no reason what so ever you seem to have put him back into an 18 month contract- no reason I can see, no new gear, no new deal, he's been on 30 days notice for 5 years and then when he considers moving bam, 18 month deal

Are you THAT [censored] these days that you actually get scared people will leave? Well in either case he will be going, your 18 month contract is baseless and void as well as illegal

Hurrah for the daily rental compensation scheme is the only upside. But that's still peanuts at £2 a day.

I am sure it's only the shareholders you "do proud" these days.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jan-17 13:30:28
Print Post

Re: Line fault over a week old and still no fix in sight.

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

So he advised he was thinking of leaving so they offered him a deal based on an 18 month contract which he could either accept or reject with a cooling off period of I believe 14 days
So what is your problem

Edited by Oldjim (Tue 17-Jan-17 13:30:49)

Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Tue 17-Jan-17 13:43:06
Print Post

How much compensation do you expect?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Jan-17 13:52:05
Print Post

First point to take away with this - buy cheap, buy twice.

Secondly, did he agree to the new contract? They can't just change the goal posts and stick him on an 18 month contract out of the blue. Contract is a contract. Was he made aware that this was going to happen, and did he agree to it at any point?

On a personal note, I left this shower over a decade and a half ago. I saw how it was run, even back then, and so moved on, not looking back. If you/he are this unhappy, I suggest you do the same.

IDNet Fibre Unlimited 55/10 with Native IPv6
Automated Hourly HTTP×6 TBB Speed Tests (3×IPv4+3×IPv6)
Previous ISPs » Zen (40/10 FTTC) | aaisp.net (40/10 FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being bløcked?
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Jan-17 13:56:38
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

I don't know the full background here, but normally, if you are unhappy with the service, and you call them up hinting you will be leaving, you would ordinarily (if you want to) wait until the service is fixed, before agreeing to any new offer (contract) they may throw at you. Why one would do the reverse is beyond me.

IDNet Fibre Unlimited 55/10 with Native IPv6
Automated Hourly HTTP×6 TBB Speed Tests (3×IPv4+3×IPv6)
Previous ISPs » Zen (40/10 FTTC) | aaisp.net (40/10 FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being bløcked?
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 17-Jan-17 14:39:36
Print Post

No, he never advised he was leaving. He told me he wanted to so I had a look online and on his account and noticed that a new contract has been added a few days before. To go from £0.00 on cancellation to £180 I am sure would shock anybody.

Was no discussion with Plusnet, so therefore no cooling off period.

Edited by 23Prince (Tue 17-Jan-17 14:43:47)

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 17-Jan-17 14:41:35
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
How much compensation do you expect?

The current BT/Plusnet figures work out at just over 80p a day after the third day of no service. It's based on Quarterly line rental x 4 divided by 365. I know it's peanuts but still, he shouldn't have to pay for it - and when on a pension every bit helps.

Seeing as they are giving free stuff away to all and sundry, and based on the fact a landline is a critical utility these days (and for him really is due to who is living there) that's fair enough to request.

I had to edit to get the right formula

Edited by 23Prince (Tue 17-Jan-17 14:44:46)

Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jan-17 14:50:19
Print Post

The fact is that a new contract automatically has a 14 day cooling off period and when being offered a new contract the agent always explains that there is a new contract and advises this
Have you checked the tickets on his account for the period in question and he should also have received an email with the title "Confirmation of your new contract"
Of course there is always the possibility that an agent pressed a wrong button
Regarding "no discussion with Plusnet" there must have been for him to advise he was thinking of leaving

Edited by Oldjim (Tue 17-Jan-17 14:52:23)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Jan-17 15:33:56
Print Post

Can't see anything that states he advised he was leaving.

However, 23prince, he presumably spoke to PlusNet about the fault so wondering what happened in that call? It is possible that the operative taking the call did accidentally do something that put him on a new contract - if so then PlusNet should be able to undo that if he speaks to them.

However, this forum is the wrong place to rant *at* PlusNet. It is not a PlusNet forum. There isn't even any guarantee that they even look at this forum anymore. Rant about PlusNet yes, but not at them - do that on their forums or via their support routes.
Standard User philippercival
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jan-17 17:44:15
Print Post

I have read all the comments and would suggest that you bite the bullet (time) and get on the phone. Stay reasonable and I am sure it will be sorted. If everything you have written is correct then they will realise that there has been an error and correct it.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to