User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Jan-17 19:08:35
Print Post

Plusnet Broadband Price

[link to this post]

Plusnet are to follow BT of broadband price rise from April 2017. 5-6% increase in broadband.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Jan-17 19:59:59
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Broadband Price

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

reference
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Jan-17 07:33:10
Print Post

Taken from Money Saving Expert:-

Increases 2015

Increases 2016

PN seem to put up their prices from September but things can and do change.

plusnet user

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 22-Jan-17 10:50:32
Print Post

Your opinion?
Or secret mouse has whispered it into your ear?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 22-Jan-17 13:02:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hey I know this is max and it might be drivel, but to be fair 3 times now I've posted news on here and you've got it on the front page a few days later. It happens a lot that us out here get wind of things first - so be fair smile

As I said, this is Max though tongue

Edit

Such as this..

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/sky/f/4525840-looks...

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 22-Jan-17 13:34:46)

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 22-Jan-17 13:04:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Plusnet are to follow BT of broadband price rise from April 2017. 5-6% increase in broadband.

Where did you get the figure from? Just from the past? I am sure you are 100% right about the price rise as that's when BT are upping theirs and they have plenty of prep time. But the % figures?

BT Infinity is going up £2.50 a month so based on the £30 a month charge for Inf 2 it's actually 8-9% roughly?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 22-Jan-17 18:12:53
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Nothing stopping people saying in private if they want to reveal something interesting, and sources are not revealed

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 22-Jan-17 18:25:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

That's true. My source was the Sky website so I guess that's ok

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 22-Jan-17 18:44:26)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Jan-17 10:25:24
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Mine went up by £1, still not over the moon about it, but it could have been worse, the problem is where do you go that is cheaper?
you change provider, you pay the £50 connection fee that seems to be the norm these days that lock you into a long contract and then the provider you have moved to put their prices up and you lose out again. the £50 connection fee sometimes do not make it worthwhile moving.

I do think that BT may find they will lose a few people, I had a phone call yesterday from someone who have been with BT since dial up days and asked me how easy is it to move providers and which would I recommend.
i hate recommending providers, because if it do not work out, they blame me, it have happened.

The cheapest one is vodafone, but it is pretty new and i have not heard good things about them.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 23-Jan-17 10:39:43
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Mine went up by £1, still not over the moon about it, but it could have been worse, the problem is where do you go that is cheaper?
you change provider, you pay the £50 connection fee that seems to be the norm these days that lock you into a long contract and then the provider you have moved to put their prices up and you lose out again. the £50 connection fee sometimes do not make it worthwhile moving.

I do think that BT may find they will lose a few people, I had a phone call yesterday from someone who have been with BT since dial up days and asked me how easy is it to move providers and which would I recommend.
i hate recommending providers, because if it do not work out, they blame me, it have happened.

The cheapest one is vodafone, but it is pretty new and i have not heard good things about them.

Well I am on £48,99 infinity 2 at the moment. If I called me and recommended a provider in the £50-60 range I would suggest AAISP. I could sleep better knowing they would be ok. Also they don't seem to put prices up so clearly they have it right. 12 month contract agreed.

I guess the £50 fee can be worth it if you get with someone like Pulse8 who as you know do no contract. NowTV is also a good choice again because of no contract - there is a £9,99 connection fee which is the cheapest I have seen. The whole package is £29,99 a month for 40/20 or £37 for 80/20

I've not seen a single good thing about Vodafone. I think them and SSE with their free offering are the worst you can get.

It's a really tough call.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to