User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Mon 23-Jan-17 12:18:17
Print Post

Any Advantage to John Lewis?

[link to this post]

Just looking around for an inexpensive low use fibre connection for my mum. Basically streaming and email/web.

Is there any advantage to going with John Lewis instead of Plusnet?
I'm thinking in terms of network/support.

JL around £4 a month more expensive at the moment with the current Plusnet offers.

Thanks...
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 23-Jan-17 12:25:45
Print Post

Re: Any Advantage to John Lewis?

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

Same thing. Different label.

It just shows a different account and bunch of settings on Workplace, which is their internal system (or used to be if it's changed)
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 23-Jan-17 12:36:01
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

AIUI John Lewis customers get business level CS, but I'm not sure.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Mon 23-Jan-17 12:46:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks both.
I did see JL advertise 24/7 support. Also a 12 month contract.

I'm having second thoughts anyway now having read through some of the recent threads on support and the network.

Low cost options seem thin on the ground as I'd like to keep the phone line on the BT network.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 23-Jan-17 12:56:21
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

Low use, look at Aquiss, uno and vivaciti. All have much lower line costs than BT (still on WLR3) and reasonably priced broadband. (Uno prices do not include Vat).

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 23-Jan-17 12:56:49)

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 23-Jan-17 13:15:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
AIUI John Lewis customers get business level CS, but I'm not sure.

They must do as it's 24/7 so i would agree. It also appears to be based on PN Business pricing, £36.50 a month for what is 80/20 But only a 12 month contract. Pn Business is £35.50 a month by comparison.
Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Mon 30-Jan-17 17:24:26
Print Post

Does she even need a fibre connection? I happily stream football from Sky and BT with bog standard ADSL+.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 30-Jan-17 18:44:22
Print Post

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

Why ask me?

Standard User meldrew
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 31-Jan-17 18:48:57
Print Post

I just added my comment on at the end.........
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 31-Jan-17 18:52:40
Print Post

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

You joined in 2002 and have a 1001 posts. I'm sure you understand the forum structure tongue.

Print Thread

Jump to