User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User distantdave
(regular) Tue 24-Jan-17 15:20:37
Print Post

House Move - how long till fibre?

[link to this post]

Hi,

Having moved home, into an property which needed to have a line reconnected, how long should I expect to wait to get Fibre up and running?

Plusnet are being frustratingly vague about things (and weren't really clear that I wouldn't be able to have fibre when the phone line was connected). 6 days on from the move, I still have no date for Fibre to be available which Is an almighty [censored]-pain.

(Also, I signed a new contract for this move - should I assume I'll be charge in full for a partial service during this time?)

[Edit: How do I get rid of this old signature?]

Edited by distantdave (Tue 24-Jan-17 16:28:11)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Jan-17 16:22:41
Print Post

Re: House Move - how long till fibre?

[re: distantdave] [link to this post]

PlusNet should have given you an install date. It is a movable feast and depends on how busy the installers are in your area.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Jan-17 16:29:08
Print Post

You should be able to get a refund for the period without broadband.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016)
Telephone rental: Pulse8

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 16:33:13
Print Post

hit my home then edit next to personal info

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 49db on adsl2 or 52.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 16:39:27
Print Post

I dont think you are charged until the service goes live. You also have 14 days to cancel before the connection starts..

I just placed an order to move to PN and its exactly 14 days until install, I suspect because an ISP losing a customer requires 14 days notice
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Jan-17 16:49:49
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

That will be 14 days until your phone is transferred.

If you've ordered ADSL Plusnet might have ordered a simultaneous provide and you'll have broadband on the same day. If not, or it's for FTTC Plusnet probably won't even place the order for the broadband until the phone is active.

I suggest you specifically ask when the broadband transfer will happen.

There's no 14 day enforced wait for existing Plusnet customers moving home.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016)
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 16:51:13
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Ah right thanks. Well it said on the order 7th of Feb, which is 14 days so I just assume as I am migrating it would just happen that day
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Jan-17 22:21:26
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Is there any isp will do the quickest to have fibre and phone installation within 5-7 working days?

PN is 14 days for the phone, then a further 7 days for broadband to be activated. Sometimes phone & broadband within 14 days. (not always)

Edited by adslmax (Tue 24-Jan-17 22:22:09)

Standard User distantdave
(regular) Wed 25-Jan-17 08:46:40
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I've taken my service across with me. I had the following message from Plusnet, in advance of the move.

"We can confirm that the date for activation of services at the new premises is 19/01/17 AM please ensure someone is at the premises to allow access for the engineer. If this is not the date you requested then our suppliers have not been able to meet that date and have committed for the next best available date. If you are not able to make this please contact us at least 48 hours before the date and we will look to amend this for you."

Note the plural on services. Since I have phone and fibre through them, I had expected a same-day transition. To be sitting here unclear as to when I might be connected to fibre a week on is incredibly annoying.

--
Standard User PhilipD
(experienced) Wed 25-Jan-17 08:51:31
Print Post

Hi

When we moved and needed a new line for voice and FTTC (well the old BT line reconnecting that hadn't been used in years) an appointment was made and both were done at the same time, although it took a month for the Openreach appointment as they were busy and couldn't do it any sooner. This wasn't with Plusnet however, but phone and FTTC can be provisioned together.

Regards

Phil
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to