User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jexxtexx
(newbie) Wed 01-Feb-17 08:44:15
Print Post

Plusnet - BT Charges

[link to this post]

Hi

I've been with PlusNet a few years now on a business account with enhanced care.
Just before Christmas I had an issue that my speeds dropped from 68 to 52 Down.

Plusnet asked me to do all the usual checks from the master socket and then arranged an engineer visit.

The BT guy who turned up tested the connection and said it was slow.
He proceeded to do a DLM reset and the speed increased to around 59 down. He told me that was the best I could expect and that was it.

He put the master socket back together did another test which was virtually the same and then left.

Plusnet are now billing me £144+VAT as the engineer said the issue was due to internal cabling.

Can anyone advise how I can contest this.

When the engineer arrived no internal cabling was connected.
He was working on the master socket and he got the same slow speeds. How can that be my fault.

I've raised a ticket with plusnet who have just said 'this is what the engineer has said' the charge still stands.

I'm open to any advise.. if Plusnet read these forums, I can provide the ticket number.

Thanks
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Feb-17 08:53:39
Print Post

Re: Plusnet - BT Charges

[re: jexxtexx] [link to this post]

It may be that you just have to dispute the charge and ask for a deadlock letter from them so that you can go to alternate dispute resolution (ADR).
Standard User jexxtexx
(newbie) Wed 01-Feb-17 09:09:32
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.

I am disputing it with them and I've asked they escalate it internally.. not sure if that will help.

I'll see what they come back with and then ask for the deadlock letter.

Is there anywhere I can read up on the deadlock letter and alternate dispute resolution process ?

Thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Feb-17 10:12:37
Print Post

Have a look at Ofcom's website with regard to services: http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/services-and-billing/al...

Edit>

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-interne...

plusnet user

Edited by Apprentice (Wed 01-Feb-17 10:15:46)

Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Wed 01-Feb-17 10:30:09
Print Post

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-p... all explained there

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 49db on adsl2 or 52.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 01-Feb-17 11:10:12
Print Post

"Alternative" wink.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Feb-17 13:19:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It was close wink

When I was typing it I couldn't remember what it was at all and from somewhere in the back of my brain came ADR - so you'll have to forgive me for the slight error...

EDIT : Anyway - there are at least 2 ADR services so I'm sure we could alternate between them wink

Edited by ian72 (Wed 01-Feb-17 13:20:32)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 01-Feb-17 19:22:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
EDIT : Anyway - there are at least 2 ADR services so I'm sure we could alternate between them wink
LOL smile

We could try, but I doubt if any ISP has signed up to more that one. Each ISP may change between the two, but they won't be alternating. Not as things currently stand.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User jexxtexx
(newbie) Thu 02-Feb-17 11:35:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's disappointing how long Plusnet take to respond to support tickets and updates.
I thought having a business account would give a faster response.

Hopefully they will reply to my queries about this soon.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 02-Feb-17 13:10:00
Print Post

Have you raised this on the Plusnet Community forums?

There have been many clues over the last two-three years that the few Plusnet reps who are still allowed to visit this forum are not allowed to use this forum to discuss customer complaints in public here. It is not a "Plusnet" forum.

As I suggested to another Plusnet customer in this thread/post, the Community forum, (or the reps active on them), is the place to go if you can't get any help from first-line support.

All a post here does is allow dissatisfied customers to make their problem more public, and garner peer support and suggestions. A reply from a rep which you seem to hope for is very unlikely except one of them may suggest what I just did or ask you to PM them. A post or a PM on the Community forums sounds a better place to me.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to