User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sheephouse
(newbie) Wed 05-Apr-17 16:30:49
Print Post

Re: Plusnet total betrayal

[re: karim31] [link to this post]

It can be done - around a year ago I asked for phone and broadband to be transferred to a different address, and asked whether I could have the new customer deal (free broadband!). I couldn't, so I cancelled the broadband but arranged for the phone to be transferred, with the intention of getting a new provider at the new address.
"That's done" I was told, then "as you don't have broadband now, you're now a new customer, so you can have the deal if you want".
So I did get the 18 month free broadband deal smile Had to pay a small cancellation fee, but that was all.
ISP Representative KellyD
(isp) Thu 06-Apr-17 12:14:10
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

It's definitely Chris... smile

Kelly Dorset
Plusnet
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 06-Apr-17 13:03:03
Print Post

[re: KellyD] [link to this post]

Good to see you again Kelly. If it is you wink.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63790/13596Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Adagio
(committed) Mon 10-Apr-17 12:17:34
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
You didn't mention that your actual speeds hadn't changed.

See OP's second post. I have just had same experience, was checking to see if better deal and my current product description is the same as that of the OP. Shock, horror! However actual speeds are unchanged.

David
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Apr-17 16:12:08
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Agreed - it does seem that customer loyalty is rarely rewarded with reductions.

However, I see the "race to the bottom" as being largely a matter of survival - if Sky, BT, TT and EE are going to have significantly lower fees then they can take a chunk of market share.

I don't know what the numbers are these days and I do (infrequently) have a bit of buffering on my (~10 Mbps) connection, but I guess that PN is only able to offer everyone reasonably low prices (I guess the trial service at near £40 must have been a while ago - when FTTC wasn't available at all where I live now, so not sure what charges with other ISPs were back then). because of the numbers, and those loyal customers sticking with them. I think it would be nice if PN were to offer some sort of "loyalty gift" every year, and maybe reduce the price cuts a little - so if they sent me a tenner every year as a 'Thank you' for staying, it would be something they could probably afford, if the hundreds they are allowing in reductions was slightly reduced.

I sometimes feel like it's a kick in the head for loyal customers when I see cashback and low fees on offer, but at the same time, I'm not really wanting to switch my line over to PN, so cannot expect exactly the same sort of pricing deal yet.

I will be looking for a second provider and maybe even a third (for my office) and PN might not be part of the picture for either of those...

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...

Edited by ultra (Thu 13-Apr-17 16:25:42)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to