User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Thu 06-Apr-17 18:57:44
Print Post

Plusnet Referrals stopping for non clients

[link to this post]

I'm a Non plusnet broadband and phone user, but when I was, and when plusnet were okay, I referred several people to plusnet.

Even after I left plusnet they still paid a small referral per client.

Just recieved an email notifying me that they will stop these credits from !0th May.

Upon review of our accounts, we have noticed that we’ve been paying referral payments to a small number of customers, including yourself, even though your account does not have a Plusnet broadband and/or phone service. These should have stopped when your Plusnet broadband and/or phone service was cancelled.

If you’d like to keep receiving your referral credits by either transferring the credits to another account or switching your broadband to Plusnet you must call us on 0800 013 2632 by 10th May 2017 quoting ‘Referrals’

Ian
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 06-Apr-17 20:13:34
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Referrals stopping for non clients

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

Your referrals, and you, should have been transferred when you left, to an email-only account. That is free, but will require you to set up a new direct debit authority as they cannot move the existing one to the new account.

There shouldn't be a problem smile. Good luck.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63790/13596Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Thu 06-Apr-17 20:30:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Don't think so Bob,...... You may get the email as well.

New T and C's

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Apr-17 20:51:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Your referrals, and you, should have been transferred when you left, to an email-only account. That is free, but will require you to set up a new direct debit authority as they cannot move the existing one to the new account.
Not IME! I pay £1.06 for a Plusnet email only a/c. It uses my original ADSL Broadband DD. I terminated the BB FOC as it was out of contract.

I have an old BT email a/c from their dial up days. It is FOC

Michael Chare

Edited by Michael_Chare (Thu 06-Apr-17 20:52:13)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 06-Apr-17 21:31:18
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

I don't see what a BT email account has to do with it. As for cancelling your Plusnet broadband that would be where you went wrong. A straight migration, and making sure the correct procedure was followed to maintain your referrals payments is what you needed to do.

Bearing in mind that a large proportion of Plusnet CS are not aware of this procedure so will mis-advise.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63790/13596Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 06-Apr-17 21:34:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian007jen:
Don't think so Bob,...... You may get the email as well.

New T and C's
We shall see smile. It would be unusual for Plusnet to apply new T & Cs to legacy accounts. My latest advice of payment was this Monday. I suggest you check this out, and possibly ask Bob Pullen if you can get hold of him.

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 06-Apr-17 21:36:47)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 06-Apr-17 21:38:49
Print Post

Also, the emails advising payment being made encourage you to increase it by recommending new customers. Even after leaving.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Apr-17 09:37:06
Print Post

I haven't been with PlusNet for quite a long time but I still have one referral. Will wait to see if I get the email.

EDIT : also just checked my PlusNet email just in case they don't send it to my main mail account and no new messages there since November (the last time a payment was triggered to me). Next payment should be about June...

Edited by ian72 (Fri 07-Apr-17 09:38:24)

Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Fri 07-Apr-17 10:48:46
Print Post

I have asked that specific question here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Loo...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Apr-17 11:24:14
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Just checking my account, and my service is called PlusNet Residential Generic Services Product, and This is a free account with no next invoice date.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to