User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 14-Apr-17 13:07:27
Print Post

Please work this one out..

[link to this post]

I have a NowTV 30 day deal and it's pants, so I decided to just see if my number could be accessed by a ISP who relies on BTW. So I went to Plusnet, put in my postcode and landline number, and I was told I was already on Plusnet!

Sky has their own network and I can get it at my exchange, so I am on Sky's network - aren't i?

https://s14.postimg.org/s9q15wcr5/Screen_Shot_2017-0...
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Fri 14-Apr-17 13:32:17
Print Post

Re: Please work this one out..

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I would just ring the number in your pic

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) 80/20 fttc on xdb trial cabinet
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 14-Apr-17 14:04:32
Print Post

[re: adamtemp] [link to this post]

I don't want to sign up with them, I just wanted to see if a BTW based provider could detect my NowTV line

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Apr-17 13:07:20
Print Post

That is a bit strange. If you are using now TV Internet then yes they do use the sky network.
You could check on the BT site, but don't forget to untick the box to stop them calling you.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Apr-17 13:54:47
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
That is a bit strange. If you are using now TV Internet then yes they do use the sky network.
You could check on the BT site, but don't forget to untick the box to stop them calling you.

Thanks Adrian, I did that and it shows as "able to get 80mbps" so it's okay in the database, I might go back to BT, you have to wait a month to be a new customer, but then you get the cashback and reward card and then you leave when there is a price rise smile

They seem to allow that.. The really funny thing is that they are actually offering it for £12 a month cheaper than they wanted to offer it to me for. It's a crazy game but let's play it all the same.

Edited by 23Prince (Sat 15-Apr-17 13:56:02)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Apr-17 18:10:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Thanks Adrian, I did that and it shows as "able to get 80mbps" so it's okay in the database, I might go back to BT, you have to wait a month to be a new customer, but then you get the cashback and reward card and then you leave when there is a price rise smile

They seem to allow that.. The really funny thing is that they are actually offering it for £12 a month cheaper than they wanted to offer it to me for. It's a crazy game but let's play it all the same.

Why don't you want to go with plusnet? They are not bad to be honest, I have had very few problems, certainly nothing to really complain about apart from when some one knocked the cabinet around, but that was not plusnet fault and it was sorted pretty.
Saying that my speed have been slightly lower since then, so I take it that something is still not 100% at the cabinet.

Bt is too expensive to be honest and their customer service is lousy, also it is BT. yeah, I know plusnet is part of BT, but at least I do not have to deal with BT./

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Apr-17 18:58:11
Print Post

Because i've seen the other side, and it's not something I would want to be associated with
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Apr-17 19:25:51
Print Post

What's the issue with Now Broadband?

Matt

Coaxial Powered Wonder-Bytes.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 16-Apr-17 09:37:43
Print Post

Because i've seen the other side, and it's not something I would want to be associated with

er?

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Apr-17 12:54:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:

er?

I worked there for a long time - from the good to the BT taking over bad times.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to