User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Mon 08-May-17 23:33:45
Print Post

Referals balance on cancelled account

[link to this post]

A friend had two Plusnet accounts. One for home in his wifes name. One for business in his own name. The home account was set up first and as such referred the business account.

Unfortunately the home account owner died in November last year. The husband had no need for home broadband so cancelled it. Plusnet were very good apparently, no pressure to keep it.

This evening he asked me if there was any money in the old home account. On checking I found that the referral balance showing £29.

Is there anyway to transfer this balance to the business account?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 08-May-17 23:59:30
Print Post

Re: Referals balance on cancelled account

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

Assuming his wife left a will and he was the residuary beneficiary after anything she left elsewhere, then it is his money and Plusnet should just pay out. I don't see a lot of point in transferring it, but they may.

If they start talking about probate then technically they would be right, in practice no reasonable firm gives a toss about it for that amount. If he already has probate then it should be straightforward even if they want to see it. (Certified copy of).

Knowing Plusnet, it may not be that simple.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63086/13719Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
  Print Thread

Jump to