User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-May-17 19:21:26
Print Post

new offer

[link to this post]

I had an email from Plusnet saying they are raising the price by a pound, so I will be paying £33 a month instead of £32 a month and then they say I can take them up on their offer of £27.50 a month, going up to £28.50 a month after 29th of june, i am not sure if Plusnet thinks that is a great deal, but i do not think it is that good really, since it will still be a 18 month contract.

i still think the now TV deal is better, £30 for up to 38Mb/s and now Tv entertainment, the problem is it is still sky.

Still need to think.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Jaggies
(committed) Mon 22-May-17 20:05:17
Print Post

Re: new offer

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

What product are you on? The "offer" is for the 40/2 service, so unless you are already on that, avoid!

Brian
From September 2001 on BTopenworld Home 500/Home 1000/Home 2000. Then ADSLMax on <n>ildram. Moved to ADSL2+ from ADSL24. I'm now with plusnet on FTTC since 28/05/2014 and loving it... I'm not saying who I work for. Any opinions expressed here are my own.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-May-17 22:20:35
Print Post

[re: Jaggies] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jaggies:
What product are you on? The "offer" is for the 40/2 service, so unless you are already on that, avoid!

That is the point, my upload speed is around 7Mb/s and download around 32, so I certainly not on the 40/2, hang on I thought they got rid of the 40/2?

I can keep my weekend and evening calls if i stay as i am, not that I use the home phone. i expect I would lose that if I went into another contract.
even if i change to an other network i expect i would lose the higher upload.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 22-May-17 23:28:24
Print Post

It was 40/20 they scrapped. It was an Openreach 80/20 capped within the Plusnet system.

Plusnet's 40Mbps history is 40/2 > 40/10 > 40/20 (capped 80/20) > 40/2.

The only other ISP I'm aware of that provides 40/2 instead of 40/10 is TalkTalk Retail.

Why do you want Evenings and Weekends if you don't use the phone? Or is it free on a legacy product. Are you sure you still have it?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 64513/13170Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 22-May-17 23:29:55)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-May-17 08:56:24
Print Post

If you don't use the phone have a look at moving your line rental to someone that doesn't cross subsidise broadband to keep the headline price down by ripping people of with vastly overpriced line rental, extortionate per minute call charges (always rounded up) and totally unjustified call set-up fees!

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8

Edited by jelv (Tue 23-May-17 08:57:36)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-May-17 14:34:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ah, i see. yes I remember now.

evening and weekend is from a legacy product, i presume they let me keep them to keep my custom when they changed from the 40/20.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-May-17 14:35:48
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
If you don't use the phone have a look at moving your line rental to someone that doesn't cross subsidise broadband to keep the headline price down by ripping people of with vastly overpriced line rental, extortionate per minute call charges (always rounded up) and totally unjustified call set-up fees!

I am thinking of looking to see if it would be cheaper to have broadband with one supplier and line rental with another, the problem is very few does broadband on its own. i know Plusnet does.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 24-May-17 16:06:17
Print Post

BT will, but not with any of the deals.

Aquiss I think. Uno probably. With both of them you may as well take their phone as long as you stay on BT Wholesale broadband.

IDNet too. AAISP but expensive if you want 1GB allowance.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 64513/13170Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-May-17 16:35:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
...Uno probably...you may as well take their phone as long as you stay on BT Wholesale broadband.

Have to check with Matt but I think TTB "Fibre Pro 40/10 unmetered" or "Fibre+ Pro 80/20 unmetered" (both BB only) together with their SOHO BTw line rental might also be a possibility (although perhaps somewhat costly - yet with excellent support) if the exchange is enabled.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-May-17 09:47:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
BT will, but not with any of the deals.

Aquiss I think. Uno probably. With both of them you may as well take their phone as long as you stay on BT Wholesale broadband.

IDNet too. AAISP but expensive if you want 1GB allowance.

Never knew BT would, when a mate phoned up a couple of years back they said no, They will give you line rental separate, but they will not give you broadband separate.
anyway Bt is one of the most expensive providers out there.

I have not had time to look around at the moment, been trying to sort this computer out.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to