User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Rich_T
(member) Sun 09-Jul-17 10:46:36
Print Post

Plusnet retentions offered £28.98 ADSL / ££.98 fibre

[link to this post]

My contract ( minimum term) is about to come to an end with plusnet, and P:lusnet have offered the following deals

Upgrade to Fibre for 18 months (38 down/2mb up) - no deals available for existing ADSL customers, 33.98/month take it or leave it.
Was told that the 12 month deal on the main webpage at £24.99 for 12 months is only available for new customers, current customers are not allowed any deals.

I've also been offered ADSL for £28.98 although there was some confusion and this could be £18.98, plus call package this would be £25/month, or as high as £35.98 a month with an anytime call package

I mentioned better deals about, and even quoted some prices, from Origin, Talk Talk, Virgin media ( now theyhave cabled my area) and a few other ISPs and was told on the phone by plusnet "i suppose there are some good deals about " and something along the lines of you have to go with who ever offers better prices.

Shame really, been happy with plusnet since 2004 (13 years!) and i have usualy been able to get a deal at the end of each contract period

My current soon to end plusnet deal was line rental saver at £185 (£15.42 month )
ADSL - no extra charge
Call package anytime calls £7
call Id add on £1.00
Total monthly equivalent £23.42

If i stay put, or take up plusnets offer this will cost
Line rental £18.99
ADSL £9.99 ( line rent+ADSL=£28.98)
Anytime calls £7.00
Call ID £1.00
Total monthly cost £36.98
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Jul-17 15:00:46
Print Post

Re: Plusnet retentions offered £28.98 ADSL / ££.98 fibre

[re: Rich_T] [link to this post]

Were you speaking to PN Customer Services or the Customer Option Team?
The latter is the one you want to speak to regarding any "deals".

Retention deals from PN, if you can get one, are not what they used to be that's for sure.

plusnet user
Standard User Rich_T
(member) Sun 09-Jul-17 16:27:05
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Not sure who it was, just called plusnet and selected the thinking of leaving option, same as the previous times my contract was due to expire.
The attitude of the person answering was the most surprising.
at the moment I'm eying up origin broadband on the 12 month ADSL pay up front deal

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Jul-17 16:38:00
Print Post

This is how we are treated by companies and not just plusnet, they treat new customers better than their old ones, which is strange because it is cheaper for them to keep customers than to get new ones.

TBH, if we had Virgin media here I would not hesitate to go over to them, would be so nice to get of Bloated toad rubbish network.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 10 pro, reluctantly, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User 961a
(member) Sun 09-Jul-17 17:42:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rich_T:
Not sure who it was, just called plusnet and selected the thinking of leaving option, same as the previous times my contract was due to expire.
The attitude of the person answering was the most surprising.
at the moment I'm eying up origin broadband on the 12 month ADSL pay up front deal

I'd try BT

I got a good deal to renew £31 for unlimited fibre inc line rent, weekend calls, new smart hub and £25 voucher. That's for an existing customer so you should be able to pick up current good offers for new customers (see offers on this web site) Additionally, change over should be easy
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Mon 10-Jul-17 09:28:20
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 961a:
Additionally, change over should be easy

Why would it be easier than any other ISP using BT Wholesale?

(Edit: I guess you didn't say easier, only easy smile)

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 66999/19999 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Edited by kasg (Mon 10-Jul-17 09:29:04)

Standard User 961a
(member) Mon 10-Jul-17 10:53:27
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
In reply to a post by 961a:
Additionally, change over should be easy

Why would it be easier than any other ISP using BT Wholesale?

(Edit: I guess you didn't say easier, only easy smile)

You're right, I did mean easy. I wouldn't want to get into the "easier" arguments

What was in my mind was that the speeds after changeover should be not much different to what you are gettiing now

Switching to another ISP may (note the word) introduce other factors outside the BT Wholesale bit
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Jul-17 19:29:36
Print Post

Have you considered John Lewis broadband?

Michael Chare
Standard User Rich_T
(member) Fri 14-Jul-17 11:33:30
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

First big bill has come through, a little sooner then expected, £38.99 for a month's adsl upto 17mb (in reality it about 12-15mb) broadband with anytime calls (£31.99 line rental+broadband) going to try Plusnet again this afternoon, then probably of to origin if they won't budge, I'm not willing to pay almost £40 for basic adsl+ anytime calls.
Standard User 961a
(member) Fri 14-Jul-17 11:46:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rich_T:
First big bill has come through, a little sooner then expected, £38.99 for a month's adsl upto 17mb (in reality it about 12-15mb) broadband with anytime calls (£31.99 line rental+broadband) going to try Plusnet again this afternoon, then probably of to origin if they won't budge, I'm not willing to pay almost £40 for basic adsl+ anytime calls.

Although this offer has recently expired there will be another similar one along shortly

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/bt/packages/unli...
  Print Thread

Jump to