User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User think26872
(committed) Fri 14-Jul-17 15:15:04
Print Post

What offer/retention deals are people getting?

[link to this post]

I am getting close to having to renew my 80/20 + line rental contract and the best I can get is a £5/month discount over 18 months and continue to pay line rental saver. I do not think this is a great deal especially being forced into such a long contract with OpenReach changing to 1 month FTTC contracts from 12 October.

If you change to BT you can usually easily get £200 (via cashback and credit card) and only a 12 month contract. Even taking the ridiculous £50 activation fee into account (why - I already have fibre what is this for!) you are probably looking at £20-25/month (for a combine line rental and broadband package as it should be). Is it me or have BT not put upload speeds on their pages - if they have they are well hidden!
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Jul-17 15:48:32
Print Post

Re: What offer/retention deals are people getting?

[re: think26872] [link to this post]

BT have 10Mb upload on Infinity 1 and 20Mb upload on Infinity 2. BT don't use the 40/2 package from wholesale that some others (eg PlusNet) use.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jul-17 16:38:50
Print Post

I totally agree with you. Pretty very stupid to hold you for another 18 months bercause of the discount offer u take it with PN. Without offer u remain as a rolling month contract but it will cost you as a standard FTTC and line rental to £38.98 per month (if you are in market 3 area)

Just getting fed up with PN don't offer a good deal anymore. The best deal is for new customer who will have this offer for 12 months contract is FTTC (up to 76 Meg) with line only is £29.99 a month (Market 3 area) buy still required £25.00 activation fee for openreach to migration the fibre / line switch over for new customer.

Edited by adslmax (Fri 14-Jul-17 16:41:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rastus
(experienced) Fri 14-Jul-17 20:43:36
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
I totally agree with you. Pretty very stupid to hold you for another 18 months bercause of the discount offer u take it with PN. Without offer u remain as a rolling month contract but it will cost you as a standard FTTC and line rental to £38.98 per month (if you are in market 3 area)

Just getting fed up with PN don't offer a good deal anymore. The best deal is for new customer who will have this offer for 12 months contract is FTTC (up to 76 Meg) with line only is £29.99 a month (Market 3 area) buy still required £25.00 activation fee for openreach to migration the fibre / line switch over for new customer.

What's a 'Market 3 area'?
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:05:56
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

Ofcom Classification

Market 3
Four or more 'principal' operators provide broadband services at this exchange. Service in this area has been deregulated!
Standard User Rastus
(experienced) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:25:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Ofcom Classification

There hasn't been a Market 3 for several years;

e.g. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6262-ofcom-consu...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:30:16
Print Post

Market 1,2,3 classifications went out in 2014. We now have Market A and Market B. I expect a Market 3 became Market B. That can be checked in the Ofcom Review June 2014.

Market A on pages 59-65, Market B on 66-69. (Document pages not PDF Reader pages).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 14-Jul-17 21:32:14)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:37:44
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rastus:
There hasn't been a Market 3 for several years;
True, but a lot of people still rely on samknows, who have never updated their database.

I have a feeling Plusnet still apply their higher rate on the old Market 1 listing frown. Naughty of them.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User slickric21
(learned) Thu 17-Aug-17 15:50:33
Print Post

Just renewed my 80/20 Fibre with line rental and evening and weekend calls included.

Phoned up and said I was leaving and going to Talktalk, and they were offering £31.50 for 80/20 inc line rental (no call package)

Plusnet said they would match the price of £31 and also throw in the evening and weekend call package for free. 18mth contract though.

Kind of wonder now what else I could have got offered if I had lied abit about the Talktalk offer !!!

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Sep-17 23:19:16
Print Post

[re: slickric21] [link to this post]

Plusnet do not seem to be moving that much to be honest, I have been out of contract for over 2 years and said to them today about Talk talk being £25 a month for 38Mb/s, but all they offered me was £31 a month a month for 24 month contract, plus a new router and free calls, which i do not use.

They have also given me a free month due to not having broadband for 2 weeks.

The problem is there is nothing out there any cheaper apart from Talk Talk and no way would I go to them and to be honest until now i have had few problems with Plusnet and this problem was not a plusnet problem but a BT Openreach one and the fast that our network in the Uk is getting old and is falling apart.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 10 pro, reluctantly, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to