User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User think26872
(committed) Fri 14-Jul-17 15:15:04
Print Post

What offer/retention deals are people getting?

[link to this post]

I am getting close to having to renew my 80/20 + line rental contract and the best I can get is a £5/month discount over 18 months and continue to pay line rental saver. I do not think this is a great deal especially being forced into such a long contract with OpenReach changing to 1 month FTTC contracts from 12 October.

If you change to BT you can usually easily get £200 (via cashback and credit card) and only a 12 month contract. Even taking the ridiculous £50 activation fee into account (why - I already have fibre what is this for!) you are probably looking at £20-25/month (for a combine line rental and broadband package as it should be). Is it me or have BT not put upload speeds on their pages - if they have they are well hidden!
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Jul-17 15:48:32
Print Post

Re: What offer/retention deals are people getting?

[re: think26872] [link to this post]

BT have 10Mb upload on Infinity 1 and 20Mb upload on Infinity 2. BT don't use the 40/2 package from wholesale that some others (eg PlusNet) use.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jul-17 16:38:50
Print Post

I totally agree with you. Pretty very stupid to hold you for another 18 months bercause of the discount offer u take it with PN. Without offer u remain as a rolling month contract but it will cost you as a standard FTTC and line rental to £38.98 per month (if you are in market 3 area)

Just getting fed up with PN don't offer a good deal anymore. The best deal is for new customer who will have this offer for 12 months contract is FTTC (up to 76 Meg) with line only is £29.99 a month (Market 3 area) buy still required £25.00 activation fee for openreach to migration the fibre / line switch over for new customer.

Edited by adslmax (Fri 14-Jul-17 16:41:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rastus
(experienced) Fri 14-Jul-17 20:43:36
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
I totally agree with you. Pretty very stupid to hold you for another 18 months bercause of the discount offer u take it with PN. Without offer u remain as a rolling month contract but it will cost you as a standard FTTC and line rental to £38.98 per month (if you are in market 3 area)

Just getting fed up with PN don't offer a good deal anymore. The best deal is for new customer who will have this offer for 12 months contract is FTTC (up to 76 Meg) with line only is £29.99 a month (Market 3 area) buy still required £25.00 activation fee for openreach to migration the fibre / line switch over for new customer.

What's a 'Market 3 area'?
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:05:56
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

Ofcom Classification

Market 3
Four or more 'principal' operators provide broadband services at this exchange. Service in this area has been deregulated!
Standard User Rastus
(experienced) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:25:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Ofcom Classification

There hasn't been a Market 3 for several years;

e.g. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6262-ofcom-consu...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:30:16
Print Post

Market 1,2,3 classifications went out in 2014. We now have Market A and Market B. I expect a Market 3 became Market B. That can be checked in the Ofcom Review June 2014.

Market A on pages 59-65, Market B on 66-69. (Document pages not PDF Reader pages).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 14-Jul-17 21:32:14)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Jul-17 21:37:44
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rastus:
There hasn't been a Market 3 for several years;
True, but a lot of people still rely on samknows, who have never updated their database.

I have a feeling Plusnet still apply their higher rate on the old Market 1 listing frown. Naughty of them.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User slickric21
(learned) Thu 17-Aug-17 15:50:33
Print Post

Just renewed my 80/20 Fibre with line rental and evening and weekend calls included.

Phoned up and said I was leaving and going to Talktalk, and they were offering £31.50 for 80/20 inc line rental (no call package)

Plusnet said they would match the price of £31 and also throw in the evening and weekend call package for free. 18mth contract though.

Kind of wonder now what else I could have got offered if I had lied abit about the Talktalk offer !!!

Print Thread

Jump to