User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User narz
(member) Thu 05-Oct-17 12:15:29
Print Post

Re: What offer/retention deals are people getting?

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I just moved to BT Infinity 2 today after being with Plusnet I think for nearly 3/4yrs. To be fair the service and gaming was great at £20 for 80/20 (BT for the line)

Only moved to save money, Quidco and BT were offering cashback up to 200 odd quid.

Which after cashback gives me:
Unlimited 80/20
Unlimited anytime calls (+£7)
Caller display (free first year)
12 month contract
£32 p/m

Plusnet FTTC 72/18Mbps
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Oct-17 23:57:29
Print Post

[re: narz] [link to this post]

You do know that BT have started giving Infinity 1 customers free upgrades to 80/20?

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 06-Oct-17 02:13:47
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I wonder if that depends on how long they have been on Infinity 1? Possibly also their download volumes. (Lower, better).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 72313/12530Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User narz
(member) Sat 07-Oct-17 04:20:56
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I was aware, but uncertainty of not being upgraded then losing out on a higher cash back would have annoyed me.

Plusnet FTTC 72/18Mbps
Standard User andy83
(learned) Tue 10-Oct-17 14:24:22
Print Post

[re: think26872] [link to this post]

My Unlimited Fibre Extra contract expired a couple of years ago, I'd been getting fibre from PN and line rental from BT. I was paying BT annually for line rental but sick of the constant hikes (£159 in 2014 to £208 this year) for exactly the same service.

I phoned PN today and got them to match the new customer price of £29.98 per month for Unlimited Fibre Extra and line rental combined on an 18 month contract.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 10-Oct-17 23:35:00
Print Post

[re: andy83] [link to this post]

Several of us ducked out of phone rentals a couple of years ago, some moving it from Plusnet and some from BT, to Pulse8Broadband.

A few months later I also left Plusnet FTTC for AAISP, but my line remains with Pulse8 with rental of £14pm including caller display and 1571, and calls typically 2p per month at 1p per minute metered by the second. Nearly all outgoing calls are using my mobile contract minutes.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 72313/12530Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Oct-17 10:15:40
Print Post

[re: narz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by narz:
I just moved to BT Infinity 2 today after being with Plusnet I think for nearly 3/4yrs. To be fair the service and gaming was great at £20 for 80/20 (BT for the line)

Only moved to save money, Quidco and BT were offering cashback up to 200 odd quid.

Which after cashback gives me:
Unlimited 80/20
Unlimited anytime calls (+£7)
Caller display (free first year)
12 month contract
£32 p/m

I would not go back to BT even if it was cheaper and yes I know BT owns Plusnet, but they are very different.
At least plusnet treats me as a person, have British call centre and they seems to know more than what BT does. Also, i have never had a problem with my payments, something which BT well and truly mucked up.

Saying that it is only because of the cost that I do not go from one of the smaller providers.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 10 pro, reluctantly, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Vorlon
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Oct-17 11:12:35
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I agree with what you say about TalkTalk, Zyborg47. I had the worst customer experience with them that I've ever had and although this was several years ago now, I would never consider them again.

I found moving to a large ISP again like PlusNet not too bad, but nevertheless It's all about balance and you tend to get what you pay for.

Edited (removed) the latter part of my post as I had made the classic mistake when comparing pricing - I was comparing Ex Vat to Incl Vat prices, Doh.

Edited by Vorlon (Wed 11-Oct-17 11:42:24)

Standard User rockdoctor
(learned) Thu 12-Oct-17 08:37:28
Print Post

[re: Vorlon] [link to this post]

I just got to the end of my 2-year deal with them so I rang up to see what they would offer me to stay.
I've been on £15/month plus linesaver at £185/year, giving a total of £30.40/month for Fibre Extra (I get the full 76/20 since 100m from cabinet).
The new offer was £12/m Fibre, £198/yr linesaver, a total of £28.50/m. Not too bad I thought, but I decided to survey the market before committing. Looks like there isn't too much else out there - £30/m is the lowest for new customers (including Plusnet).
I looked at the Pulse8 line rental (£13/m) but Plusnet want £21.50 for the Fibre if you don't take their line, so £33.50/m offers no advantage.

I'm inclined to sign back up with Plusnet. They've given me a pretty good service over the last three years.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Oct-17 16:04:42
Print Post

[re: rockdoctor] [link to this post]

two year deal should be banned. Not allow more than 18 months on the residential.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to