User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Oct-17 16:11:12
Print Post

Re: What offer/retention deals are people getting?

[re: rockdoctor] [link to this post]

Similar situation other than I can only get ADSL1 no fibre yet the offer I was given for BB was also £12.00 a month which after some prodding then came down to £10.00 a month with PN LRS or monthly LR having to be taken/renewed.
Your deal for a FTTC product seems to be good, I am still pondering whether to stay with PN but doing the maths from other ISPs I might well migrate, I don't get the cheap headline PN deals/offers due to the exchange being market A and not in a PN "low cost area".

plusnet user
Standard User Vorlon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 12-Oct-17 18:39:08
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
two year deal should be banned. Not allow more than 18 months on the residential.

I was surprised when I saw Tesco was offering a 24month contract on their phones. I guess the market/companies will continually push up the contract period.
I always liked the 30 day contract that Zen, Idnet & others offered. Since Fibre though I believe that has changed a bit.
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Oct-17 09:55:43
Print Post

[re: Vorlon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Vorlon:
I was surprised when I saw Tesco was offering a 24month contract on their phones

Pretty much all phone contracts are 24 months IME.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 75146/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mml
(learned) Fri 13-Oct-17 10:59:30
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

They've been kind enough to send me an email to remind that my contract is nearly up and offer me a new 12 month deal.
The price they offer me is £20.99 for ADSL. The problem I have with this is that I rang them a few months ago and they told me at the time they'll offer me same deal as for new customers (£18.99/month for 12 months at the time). Now their new customer pricing is still the same but with a 18 month contract.
I reckon I'll move to EE fibre, it works out at £22/month after cashback.
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Oct-17 12:22:14
Print Post

[re: Mml] [link to this post]

Phone retentions again, the email is just their opening offer.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Oct-17 14:21:58
Print Post

[re: Mml] [link to this post]

The final offer I got a few hours ago for ADSL1 BB via a market A exchange (12 month contract) was £8.50 per month with monthly line rental (£18.99) on top of that or I could purchase the 12 month line rental saver package for £197.88p

New customers in low cost areas pay £0 for BB and £18.99 for monthly LR (18 month contract ) or you can purchase the 12 month LRS for £197.88, those not in a PN low cost area would pay £7.50 for BB plus £18.99 monthly LR or LRS.

plusnet user
Standard User Vorlon
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Oct-17 14:40:11
Print Post

I was wondering with FTTC if BT had better speed reliability than PlusNet, as per this 4 month old review suggests:-
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/06/h1-201...

I do favour PlusNet's UK call centres over those of BT, but is the trade-off your broadband speed?
ideally I'd prefer to be with Idnet/Zen/AAISP, but as with others it's down to affordability .

I looked at Sky too, but I'm not quite sure what sort of service and call centre support they provide let alone the speed/quality of their Broadband

I guess other forum members have had to weigh up BT vs Plusnet recently when considering renewing their Broadband service? I keep being drawn by the possibility that I may have more solid fibre speeds. At the moment the Plusnet Hub reports Line rate at 79.99/20Mbps, yet often it struggles for a stable 72Mbps. I appreciate that's not to be sniffed at and when it's working well it's excellent. I just wonder for similar money if I could do better?
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Oct-17 15:32:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by Vorlon:
I was wondering with FTTC if BT had better speed reliability than PlusNet, as per this 4 month old review suggests:-
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/06/h1-201...

There is some evidence that you lose 1Mbps or so due to Plusnet's profiling system, although whether this still applies now that they have dropped traffic management I don't know. Other than that, your speeds should be the same with either. I have had no speed issues with Plusnet, even at peak times.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Oct-17 16:02:20
Print Post

A quick look at websites tells me that at first glance PN Fibre Extra is £29.99 a month just now to new customers and BT Infinity 2 is £44.99 a month, the prices are for 12 month contracts.

plusnet user
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Oct-17 23:03:13
Print Post

I was offered £7.50 pm for ADSL at a Market A exchange a couple of months ago. John Lewis broadband which is run by Plusnet, would have been cheaper.

Michael Chare

Edited by Michael_Chare (Fri 13-Oct-17 23:04:41)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to