User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Vorlon
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Oct-17 01:20:50
Print Post

Re: What offer/retention deals are people getting?

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Stop going with the cheapest then!

This is why I enjoy being an IDnet or Zen customer. I do really believe you get what you pay for.
But when needs must, there's a thin line between it would seem the larger ISP's. I suppose you take the best feedback at the time and hope for the best.

Personally i hate the adverts from the large ISP's offering the fantastic and sometimes close to the absurd, but sadly that seems to be the status quo with UK broadband at present.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Oct-17 10:17:52
Print Post

[re: Vorlon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Vorlon:

This is why I enjoy being an IDnet or Zen customer. I do really believe you get what you pay for.
But when needs must, there's a thin line between it would seem the larger ISP's. I suppose you take the best feedback at the time and hope for the best.

Personally i hate the adverts from the large ISP's offering the fantastic and sometimes close to the absurd, but sadly that seems to be the status quo with UK broadband at present.

I am eyeing up my usage with Plusnet so I can see if I am under 1TB and if so when the price rise hits ill be off to better pastures!

Edit:: Even if it is double the price!

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 22-Oct-17 10:18:13)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Oct-17 12:14:49
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Assuming you are considering AAISP - have you seen the Quota Bonus that launched in September?

https://aa.net.uk/broadband-quota.html has details.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mml
(learned) Sun 22-Oct-17 20:38:05
Print Post

[re: Conrad3000] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Conrad3000:
I mentioned whether their Hub 1 will work on a standard ADSL line; they said no.

By the sound of it, you've been speaking to the sales team who often haven't got a clue (I worked in a sales team before. I didn't have a clue. I was still selling. Often by promising the impossible in future firmware updates smile ).
Hub 1 works with ADSL. I got one. It works. And Plusnet's tech team didn't mind it when I said I was having problems with my ADSL and I had Hub 1.
Except, I've put OpenWRT on it, can't promise ADSL will work on standard Plusnet firmware.
Re getting Hub 1 with ADSL package - no chance imo. Just get it on eBay, I got mine new in wrappers for 23 pounds.

Edited by Mml (Sun 22-Oct-17 20:55:36)

Standard User Mml
(learned) Sun 22-Oct-17 20:45:05
Print Post

[re: Conrad3000] [link to this post]

Also, I wouldn't pay 2.50 for ADSL broadband since both Plusnet and the competition (TalkTalk, EE) are offering it for free to new customers right now. Also Plusnet are offering fibre right now for 22.99 with free activation - and that's 1.50 extra to what they offered you, and you could get your free Hub 1 through that tongue
I'd still not renew with Plusnet because when I tried to move home mid-contract, they were going to totally abuse the situation and push a nearly full-price 18 or 24-month contract upon me.

Edited by Mml (Sun 22-Oct-17 20:57:47)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Oct-17 17:27:32
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
Assuming you are considering AAISP - have you seen the Quota Bonus that launched in September?

https://aa.net.uk/broadband-quota.html has details.

I am, and I have. I thought 4K all day would be a lot but turns out it's only about 4GB a day so plenty of scope for that!
Standard User Vorlon
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Oct-17 13:48:18
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
In reply to a post by Vorlon:

I am eyeing up my usage with Plusnet so I can see if I am under 1TB and if so when the price rise hits ill be off to better pastures!

Edit:: Even if it is double the price!

Can you enlighten me as to the 1TB usage figure and as to what ISP that applies to?
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Oct-17 16:58:11
Print Post

[re: Vorlon] [link to this post]

He confirmed it's AAISP in his reply to me.

https://aa.net.uk/broadband-home1-terabyte.html

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to