User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 06-Sep-17 00:24:41
Print Post

Re: Further downgrade of C/S

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I was also taking into account the Ofcom definition of a mobile-only household in the earlier link. "Note 4" of the expanded section on "Landline and mobile statistics".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 67851/12343Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-Sep-17 00:25:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I was also taking into account the Ofcom definition of a mobile-only household in the earlier link. "Note 4" of the expanded section on "Landline and mobile statistics".

okay
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 06-Sep-17 20:45:33
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

So all those people with no mobile phone should spend money to facilitate a third party's lack of service?

...or they can change ISP.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Sep-17 20:49:23
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by camieabz:
So all those people w

Not necessarily. There are ways of obtaining the service. A mobile phone with Internet access is one of them.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 66999/19999 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Sep-17 23:12:29
Print Post

[re: GeorgeLloyd] [link to this post]

I have been without fibre for over 2 weeks, so the online chat would be no good to me and to be honest I do not like these online chat things anyway.

My main problem with plusnet customer service is getting through to them in the first place, 20-30 mins is fart too long to be waiting for someone to answer the phone, but i must admit once through to them the service was ok. some things could have been done better and it did take far too long to get the service up and running again, but a lot of that is due to BTOR and the fact that the hybrid antique system we have in this country is falling apart and BTOR is just a useless inefficient company

I was looking for a better deal from another network before all this happened, but to be honest there is not much different in any of them and if this fault had happened if i was with Talk Talk I may have had far more problems as their customer service is awful.

Anyway, I have got a better deal , new modem router and a month free due to not have fibre for 2 weeks.

I had to borrow my neighbours BTOR modem as for some reason mine have given up, something must have happened to knock the line and the modem out. Saying that i have better speeds now than ever had.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 10 pro, reluctantly, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User godsell4
(member) Sun 19-Nov-17 17:11:29
Print Post

My father has problems with his PN connection tonight, looks like the PN supplied router is not working. At the moment, a Sunday around 4PM, there is no online chat and waiting times on the phone is 45 mins. Very bad.

PlusNet Unlimited Fibre 3Mb to 5Mb
Gigaclear FTTP 100Mb TBD
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Nov-17 17:39:50
Print Post

Don't think I've ever gotten much sense out of the chat facility anyway. frown

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Plusnet via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Nov-17 18:44:29
Print Post

[re: godsell4] [link to this post]

I've had 80/20 with BT and TTB for years - I move to Plusnet and using the same gear (Billion 8800NL) I can't get more than 64mbps.. The line rate is crippled too.

Going to migrate to BT for the black friday deals and I hope get my speeds back. PN seems to be the bargain bucket in every way and I hate that.
Standard User Vorlon
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Nov-17 23:07:05
Print Post

Trouble is when you get to this price point the ISP's are fairly similar in what they provide. I'd love to go back to IDnet but I don't know if I'll be able to realistically afford to do so. After all the trouble I had with TalkTalk years ago I would not touch them with the so called proverbial. That means I'm limited to say BT with their overseas call centres and that feeling that sorting anything is distant too. There's Sky which I've never been happy with when I've spoken to them - they always come across to me that DelBoy is running them (I have no idea why).

I'm not sure if I've covered all the largest UK ISP's but there's that other level (well there used to be ) before you reached the likes of Zen/Idnet/AAISP. Companies like NewNet I think filled that mid to higher tier, but I'm not sure who is in that bracket now and if their pricing and reliability is good?
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 20-Nov-17 09:17:29
Print Post

[re: Vorlon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Vorlon:
Trouble is when you get to this price point the ISP's are fairly similar in what they provide. I

Bt Infinity wipes the floor with PN over speed and reliability as they dont seem to have this stupid gateway system.

Both around £29-£39 depending on the tier you choose.

Same system as you can use a BT hub on PN and vice versa
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to