User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sheephouse
(learned) Tue 05-Sep-17 17:47:37
Print Post

Re: CS becoming non-existant

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

£22.50 for line + ADSL Max on a 12 month contract - the headline price was £18.99 + £17.49 = £36.48, so it is a worthwhile discount smile I don't have a call package and pay £7.83 extra for Premium.
Standard User 69bertie
(member) Tue 05-Sep-17 18:54:08
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Sadly if you are on certain exchanges you will pay more. I do. And yes, I have FTTC.

It gets even worse as it seems not all ISP's in this country are available! A couple of weeks ago I thought I'd see what Talk Talk could do for me. Seems absolutely nothing!

I can sign up with a raft of other ISP's but TT might as well as not exist - even though every couple of months they send out junk mail to this address offering broadband etc. After I tried to place on order online I did query the reason with TT (it fails at the phone number check) but all I got was something about equipment not being in the exchange.

Strange world!

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Sep-17 23:30:50
Print Post

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

I also get the Talk Talk junk mail for a service that is not available. I suppose it helps to keep the postman in a job, but that is the only benefit.

Michael Chare

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Sep-17 13:15:01
Print Post

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

TT use their own backhaul from exchanges rather than BT Wholesale. However, TalkTalk haven't installed in all exchanges and so yours is one where they have chosen not to and therefore do not provide service. Sky also have the same sort of setup and do not supply some exchanges.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to