User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User robmar0se
(regular) Fri 01-Sep-17 14:20:54
Print Post

CS becoming non-existant

[link to this post]

I tried the chat and then tried calling Plusnet on behalf of a local, elderly friend who is thinking of switching away from the Coop (poor C/S).

Their website re the 17mbps package says £19.99 pm for 12 months, I wanted to know what the cost was after 12 months, and how could I add a call package. Both these things should really be included on their website.

the guy at the end of the chat Jordan, was obnoxious, and really was a total put down, really didn't answer questions and didn't really appear eager to sell the service.

I tried calling, a guy called Edmond, refused to answer these simple questions unless I gave him the no/address of the potential customer. I gave him my details, said it was the same exchange. These were simple contractual questions.

With no rudeness from my end the guy put the phone down.

I've heard that Plusnet C/S could be on the blunt/rude side, but you'd think that they would make a bigger effort to add customers.

Plusnet is no longer an option.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 02-Sep-17 09:46:07
Print Post

Re: CS becoming non-existant

[re: robmar0se] [link to this post]

When I run an order - when I get the results page I get the options below to add call packages etc.

After month 12: £28.98 - just for reference (no calls just basic service)

Edited by 23Prince (Sat 02-Sep-17 09:46:33)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 02-Sep-17 11:49:41
Print Post

Atleast we will know now if their "Customer Service" awards are real or not, after all you can't win awards for a service you don't provide.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 02-Sep-17 19:57:36
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

For ADSL renewal, I was quoted line rental +£7.50 at a high cost (no LLU) exchange.

John Lewis Partnership would be cheaper, but I have decided to try Vodafone VDSL at £25pm

Michael Chare
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Sep-17 09:31:55
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Michael_Chare:
For ADSL renewal, I was quoted line rental +£7.50 at a high cost (no LLU) exchange.

John Lewis Partnership would be cheaper, but I have decided to try Vodafone VDSL at £25pm

Nice - Not thought about them. smile

£30 for me - I might as well spend the extra £2 and get EE broadband and get the free data add on

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 03-Sep-17 09:34:12)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Sep-17 08:40:39
Print Post

I tried calling, a guy called Edmond, refused to answer these simple questions unless I gave him the no/address of the potential customer. I gave him my details, said it was the same exchange

This part is likely because they charge 2 different tiers depending on what category the exchange is under Ofcom definitions. Without knowing that he couldn't give you the price.

Also, at the bottom of the broadband page there is a section called "About our charges" which has a link to this. I don't think it is the easiest read but it does look very detailed.
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Tue 05-Sep-17 13:03:03
Print Post

Hi there,

Just to confirm that the response here is accurate:

In reply to a post by ian72:
This part is likely because they charge 2 different tiers depending on what category the exchange is under Ofcom definitions. Without knowing that he couldn't give you the price.

Also, at the bottom of the broadband page there is a section called "About our charges" which has a link to this. I don't think it is the easiest read but it does look very detailed.

Although it being on the same exchange does mean the price would be the same.

I'm sorry for the experience you had and would be happy to pass on internal feedback if you'd like to PM me the username and date/time of your call(s) to us.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User sheephouse
(learned) Tue 05-Sep-17 14:53:56
Print Post

I recently renewed (in a Market A area). Several times when they phoned me I refused to renew my contract due to the higher market A charge. I was first offered £5 off, but in the final call I told them I'd renew if the price was the same as John Lewis, and they actually offered me that - so don't give up too quickly.
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Sep-17 17:12:58
Print Post

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

Well done, but is that JL's standard price or their introductory offer price? I was offered line rental +£7.50 for ADSL. I declined because Vodafone VDSL will cost me less than that.

Michael Chare
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Sep-17 17:19:27
Print Post

I find this pricing by exchange somewhat a strange one if it also applies to FTTC, since FTTC does not even route via the local exchange most of the time (well certainly market A exchanges are not typically the headend exchange). Not sure how the openreach charges are?
Standard User sheephouse
(learned) Tue 05-Sep-17 17:47:37
Print Post

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

£22.50 for line + ADSL Max on a 12 month contract - the headline price was £18.99 + £17.49 = £36.48, so it is a worthwhile discount smile I don't have a call package and pay £7.83 extra for Premium.
Standard User 69bertie
(member) Tue 05-Sep-17 18:54:08
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Sadly if you are on certain exchanges you will pay more. I do. And yes, I have FTTC.

It gets even worse as it seems not all ISP's in this country are available! A couple of weeks ago I thought I'd see what Talk Talk could do for me. Seems absolutely nothing!

I can sign up with a raft of other ISP's but TT might as well as not exist - even though every couple of months they send out junk mail to this address offering broadband etc. After I tried to place on order online I did query the reason with TT (it fails at the phone number check) but all I got was something about equipment not being in the exchange.

Strange world!

(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Sep-17 23:30:50
Print Post

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

I also get the Talk Talk junk mail for a service that is not available. I suppose it helps to keep the postman in a job, but that is the only benefit.

Michael Chare
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Sep-17 13:15:01
Print Post

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

TT use their own backhaul from exchanges rather than BT Wholesale. However, TalkTalk haven't installed in all exchanges and so yours is one where they have chosen not to and therefore do not provide service. Sky also have the same sort of setup and do not supply some exchanges.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to