User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Oct-17 20:11:00
Print Post

Re: Sky to Plusnet

[re: uno] [link to this post]

The seems to OK what Plusnet are doing.
Cease charges

25. A cease charge is a charge that may be made to consumers where they cease to receive a service from a provider. It is usually a charge made to CPs at the wholesale level and which they pass on to the consumer, and is usually charged separately to any ETC.

26. In line with the guidance set out above, Ofcom is likely to continue to consider that terms relating to any cease charge are more likely fair where they provide only for:

26.1. the recovery of the costs (e.g. wholesale costs) the CP incurs directly as a result of a cessation of service; and

26.2. these costs are not recovered via another charge (such as an ETC).

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Oct-17 22:28:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Your £50 appears to be:-

Thanks. Maybe I pressed the wrong button somewhere?

It's quite easy to go wrong when the website redirects rather than opens a new window for chat for example!

Edit - It actually appears to be this clause that is being invoked, as I hinted at in my original post :-

"- Need a new line? If you don't have a line (or for those with a cable one or, in a few other cases), it's £49.99 you'll be told before you commit."

So despite my having the same line/length of copper I had when I was with them over 12 months ago, Plusnet want to charge me £50 for Openreach swapping a jumper?

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Sky via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========

Edited by hk11 (Wed 25-Oct-17 22:48:32)

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Oct-17 22:36:27
Print Post

Or Plusnet simply not even trying to do Simultaneous Provides.

I wonder if anyone has figures on how many moves are actually cocked up? wink My last move from EE to Plusnet resulted in a loss of service for several days and no one owned up or seemed to care. frown

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
===========

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 09:37:22
Print Post

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hk11:
Your £50 appears to be:-

Thanks. Maybe I pressed the wrong button somewhere?

It's quite easy to go wrong when the website redirects rather than opens a new window for chat for example!

Edit - It actually appears to be this clause that is being invoked, as I hinted at in my original post :-

"- Need a new line? If you don't have a line (or for those with a cable one or, in a few other cases), it's £49.99 you'll be told before you commit."

So despite my having the same line/length of copper I had when I was with them over 12 months ago, Plusnet want to charge me £50 for Openreach swapping a jumper?

Openreach want to charge Plusnet that - usually because someone else has taken the line at the DP/cab or at the exchange

It's a rip off - I recall a time when a start of a stopped line was free, now it's £15! (I used to do them on BTW all day long at Plusnet)
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 26-Oct-17 10:33:39
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

But moving a line back to WLR3 from MPF, is that classed as stopping the line in the process? Or for this purpose does a line moved to LLU MPF become classed as stopped? Or is this just a red herring that I have posted in ignorance of precisely how lines are handled between CPs, BTW, MPF LLU providers and Openreach?

I continue to be confused about WLR3 in general. Yes, it is an Openreach product, not BT Wholesale, and all CPs seem to report faults direct to Openreach, but whereas LLU operators clearly order the line from Openreach, do the BT Wholesale based CPs do that, or do they order from BTW? I have asked before, but never had a straight definitive answer.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 73724/12601Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 13:20:51
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

It just puts customers off changing ISPs. frown

Not all ISPs seem to pass these charges on though, which is why I am considering Origin. wink

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Oct-17 13:23:01
Print Post

Alas I don't think a straight answer will ever be forthcoming. wink

Perhaps no one knows for sure. smile

===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 31-Oct-17 09:14:02
Print Post

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

Update:-

Offer extended to today, so I took the plung and found the fee had gone again. smile

With the £50 cash back it worked out the same as Origin and although I like to give new ISPs a chance; I couldn't find out enough about them. frown

I hope I have made the right move. wink

===========
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to